Groupset Red or Dura Ace

crasher

I am starting to look at groupsets for a new roadbike of which frame is still undecided

I have only ridden Shimano and have Ultegra at present which works perfect and I like the feel of the huds and the lever operation

Was thinking of either the 9000 22 speed DA groupset or the Sram Red 2013 20 speed

The DA on average seems to be in the region of 2500 rand more than the red.

Never tried the Red but I like the idea of the shorter taps and trim free derailure and other features of the Red such as ajustments of levers.

Looking for some feedback from guys who are using or have used both set ups as to what they would choose and mainly why they would choose or prefer the one over the other.

Cheers

I ride the DA9000 and love it. I am not a sram fan on and off road.

The 9000 is light and stiff. The brake set is super strong.

Without trying to sound lie a fanboy, I dropped my DA for a Campagnolo groupo and I absolutely love it.

Consider it as an option, it's light, beautiful and really hardy.

had campy.....had 2012 red....have 9000 DA (soon to be electronic 9000 DA).....wouldnt go back to any of the others.

I bought Sram red for the cost and weight saving and the good looks, but just couldn't get used to the shifting. Back with Dura Ace again and couldn't ask for any better. My riding partner has super record which also looks and feels the part.

I bought Sram red for the cost and weight saving and the good looks, but just couldn't get used to the shifting. Back with Dura Ace again and couldn't ask for any better. My riding partner has super record which also looks and feels the part.

Brand whore

New Ultegra will be out soon.unless you are winning races DA just isn't worth the extra money.

The new Dura Ace 9000 is just so silky smooth its scary.

I ended up going with the new Sram Red on my Sworks, and my brother for Dura Ace 9000...don't tell him i said this, but I'd swap tomorrow :whistling:

I always had a yearning for Sram Red. It's just looks incredible. But noisy and clunky compared to Shimano.

I ended up going with the new Sram Red on my Sworks, and my brother for Dura Ace 9000...don't tell him i said this, but I'd swap tomorrow :whistling:

I always had a yearning for Sram Red. It's just looks incredible. But noisy and clunky compared to Shimano.

What he said.

Shifting is precise and smooth.

Braking is awesome in wet and dry conditions.

Those hoods are just so comfortable.

You can use compact and standard chainrings on the cranks. :thumbup: