MTB'ers are so "tough"....

Hammy

This was the 2nd time i've done this race, i'm mid to back of the pack finisher and always amazed at the amount of racing snakes coming up behind me to pass. I always wonder why these guys are seeded behind me and not in front. It could also be a 30km rider/racer coming up to pass as the 1st 30k's do the same route as the 50km ride. Most of them are pretty cool about it, and i always try move over to let them pass then i hang onto their wheel for as long as i can. BUT you will always get the Asshole who thinks it's his right to push or switch you off the track because he is faster. But i suppose this is MTBing and we have to live with it. One guy in USN kit kept passing me on the strait sections but was like a little girl on the technical sections and would'nt let anyone pass, I eventually had to tell him to get off the track and stop riding like a d#$s.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the 2nd time i've done this race, i'm mid to back of the pack finisher and always amazed at the amount of racing snakes coming up behind me to pass. I always wonder why these guys are seeded behind me and not in front.

Late entrants, and as a result get seeded in Z regardless of their riding skills.

Then you sometimes wonder what the late entry fee is for.

Come to think of it, what do you do if you are involved / are the cause of / whitness a crash where someone is injured?

Firstly I think you should stop and check how serious the injury is.

If the injured person has a friend or team mate there and the injury is not severe, then say goodbye and ride on

If the injured person is fine to carry on under own steam, then say goodbye and carry on.

If the injured person cannot go on without help, then stay and help, at least until a friend / riding buddy takes over.

In case of serious injury, help if you can

If you are out of your depth, find someone who can help, phone, stop others, go fetch help

In case of a serious injury, stay until ambulance / professional help arrives.

What do you think?

Imagaine this girl ended up like the guy that recently got paralyzed at Tokai?? Imagaine someone else was actually RESPONSIBLE for such an accident...

But then i guess these are the same type of people that will not stop after causing a road accident...hit & run...

Our beautiful sport has been infiltrated....