Does the Specialized Demo Castrate World Champs?????

Peach.

I hope those district road riders who present Supercycling :ph34r: watched yesterday. About two weeks ago they had their mouths full about 29ers for downhill, and then they said : "If you thought 29ers are not for downhill watch the following" and then they showed the highlights from Sea Otter where Gwin won on the Specialized Enduro 29.

All you can do is sigh :wacko: :wacko:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope those district road riders who present Supercycling :ph34r: watched yesterday. About two weeks ago they had their mouths full about 29ers for downhill, and then they said : "If you thought 29ers are not for downhill watch the following" and then they showed the highlights from Sea Otter where Gwin won on the Specialized Enduro 29.

oh god no! they didnt .... Sea Otter - Our Provincial this weekend has a more difficult track than Sea Otter ....

But thats the great XC view point of 99.9% of South African Mountain Bikers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

:lol: there will be a lot more of these then.

post-4310-0-07783100-1370861462_thumb.jpg

27.5 might have a place in DH but 29 will never.

I guess they didn't realize that Sea Otter wasn't really a DH track.

That is one way to implode a Deemax rim! Id hate to have seen that crash ... supposedly Cous Cous when down HARD!

IMO the Demo is good - but even through its now light its still designed like a huck-tastic freeride bike ... there has been no change since the early days of the Demo

Um. Didn't Sam Hill win Worlds on a Demo? Short memories people have.

That he did... but he made a name for himself on Iron Horse.

That he did... but he made a name for himself on Iron Horse.

Three titles on Iron Horse and two on Spesh. Not much in that.

He made his mark as a junior.

I am 1000% sure the bike has nothing at all to do with Gwins slow time - he has the skills - it can only be fitness and/or mind stuff - maybe some nerves. GM said he was tense up top...

I feel the way he left TWR and the sour taste he left in everyone's mouth may weigh heavily on his shoulders/mind.

It is not (much) about the bike - training and mind factors are infinitely more important in DH...

Guest Omega Man

I am 1000% sure the bike has nothing at all to do with Gwins slow time - he has the skills - it can only be fitness and/or mind stuff - maybe some nerves. GM said he was tense up top...

Maybe everyone else upped their game. The WC circus looks super professional (as it should) and maybe the riders are upping the ante.

Three titles on Iron Horse and two on Spesh. Not much in that.

He made his mark as a junior.

In 2006 - 2007, he won 2 consecutive world championships and placed 2nd and 1st (respectively) overall. That was all on Iron Horse. I'm not saying it was the bike, but he definitely hasn't performed like that with Spesh.

I stand to be corrected, but I think his junior titles were also on Iron Horse

Edited by patches

Maybe everyone else upped their game. The WC circus looks super professional (as it should) and maybe the riders are upping the ante.

good point...happened when hill started dominating, everyone just upped their game....