[Event] BestMed Jock Cycle Classique, Presented By ASG

ASG

Just had a look on Google Earth on the profiles a climbing. Although not 100% accurate, this is going to be hard on the body. I actually think this might be tougher than the normal route. Slow poison from the word go. Thank heavens for the downhill section on st. 3

Thanks for those encouraging words :eek:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed the new route! The two big climbs scattered the groups!! After Stage 3's climb the groups started forming again, providing a very fast finish in the last 25km...

I think Group D had so many okes from Vets, A's and B's, they took off like bullets!!

Was glad to see a few boys walking on the climbs! Haha... This is a beast of a race!

Well done to the organizers!

Defiantly the hardest one day race in SA! This route was way harder than the original Jock route! Enjoyed the new route tough. Well done to the organisers!

And it was tougher! 300m more climbing vs. the old route. But hey, what a nice last 30 km!!!

Missed the fleece top from last year and also missed the markers from the end of the stage 1 and 2 to the schools. And do you call that a goodie bag?

But I hope they keep the route the same for next year!!

My first road event in 7 years.......hard but lekker !

Anyone out there who wants to swop ' racetops ' ?

I have a "X L " but needs a " L ".....

The guys was flying past me on the down hills.

I am way to scared to go at that speed.

Great race will definitely do it again.

I'll upload my Garmin data this evening, quite keen to see what speeds I managed on those descents.

Being 90kg I try use my weight to my advantage as much as possible, hang over the bars, nose nearly on the front tire, knees pinned against the top tube...

At least there you didn't have to brake for any of the corners!

Action photo.

The downhills felt faster because of the damn headwinds. My max was 72km/h, all 60kg of me. :D

• 5 months later...