What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

11 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

We watch mostly the French & German language stuff on Netflix. We stopped watching any American stuff years ago coz it's all the same. Washed up ex A lister in a CIA/FBI/Mafia conspiracy blah blah blah. We're currently watching a thing called Public Enemy. Which is actually Belgian.

I also pay for Youtube which is basically ad free youtube. It also allows you to download playlists (music) so no need for spotify in our house. Honestly if I lived on my own that's all I'd use.

My daughter pays for Disney+ but I honestly don't know why cos she doesn't watch Star Wars. Is there anything else on there?

Do you watch the dubbed or subtitled versions? I'm a bit of a Derek Zoolander when it comes to subtitles, although having a newborn in the house, has improved that...

...not because I don't want to wake her... more because I can't hear the TV when she's fussing 😅

As for YouTube, I pay for premium too, but the middle version that's just ad free (no music, downloads or screen-lock play). I justify it as YouTube is the streaming service I probably watch the most (daily work bus commutes, night time when going to sleep, etc), so I figure it's well worth the money to get rid of the annoying ads.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, patches said:

can't hear the TV when she's fussing

it does not get better as they get older

Very happy my TV has bluetooth, headphones FTW.

But I also cant do subtitles, find I miss most of the visuals because I'm to busy reading.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:33 PM, patches said:

Do you watch the dubbed or subtitled versions? I'm a bit of a Derek Zoolander when it comes to subtitles, although having a newborn in the house, has improved that...

...not because I don't want to wake her... more because I can't hear the TV when she's fussing 😅

As for YouTube, I pay for premium too, but the middle version that's just ad free (no music, downloads or screen-lock play). I justify it as YouTube is the streaming service I probably watch the most (daily work bus commutes, night time when going to sleep, etc), so I figure it's well worth the money to get rid of the annoying ads.

We go subtitles. The dubbing is pretty atrocious. Plus we try to identify the french words.

I don't know exactly what youtube version we have but the justification was mainly around spotify. My daughter was paying for spotify and I said ok I'll pay but it's youtube.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

21 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

We go subtitles. The dubbing is pretty atrocious. Plus we try to identify the french words.

I don't know exactly what youtube version we have but the justification was mainly around spotify. My daughter was paying for spotify and I said ok I'll pay but it's youtube.

A colleague recommended Money Heist on Netflix and mentioned that although it was dubbed (Spanish to English), they said you get so pulled in to the show you forget, haha

On 7/18/2023 at 4:01 PM, sandy white said:

Started watching "Manifest" on Netflix, it's a sort of sci-fi/mystery, it's not bad imo, keeping me guessing as to what's going on without being confusing.

I lost interest around the end of season 3, or somewhere in early season 4.
Was good in the early seasons,

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Disney+

I know how it ends, but still going to watch it. 😂

edit: thinking about it I might even have a cameo in this series. When Aldershot played Wrexham I went down to the game. At halftime I was milling around with a pint and the camera team were interviewing super Paul mullin. I hung bout and after that interview camera kinda panned around to the small crowd that had gathered. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

On 9/17/2023 at 9:05 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Detectorists. it’s on Netflix. What a charming series. 

Watched a few episodes on a flight some years back. Completely forgot about, thanks for the reminder!

14 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

I know how it ends, but still going to watch it. 😂

Like the Tour series on Netflix, we also know how it ends. It’s the behind the scenes part that is intriguing to see 😊

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Like the Tour series on Netflix, we also know how it ends. It’s the behind the scenes part that is intriguing to see 😊

Absolutely, welcome to Wrexham is the most uplifting heartwarming story there is. Modern day fairy tale. 

6 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Absolutely, welcome to Wrexham is the most uplifting heartwarming story there is. Modern day fairy tale. 

Nice to see them in the top 4, along with fellow promoted team, Notts County… making for a potentially good season 3. Maybe Ryan will get his wish of seeing them in the Pra-meer League.

image.png.2c4eba63d4b67f32d4b4cda82637d874.png

41 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Nice to see them in the top 4, along with fellow promoted team, Notts County… making for a potentially good season 3. Maybe Ryan will get his wish of seeing them in the Pra-meer League.

image.png.2c4eba63d4b67f32d4b4cda82637d874.png

Swindon play Wrexham on Boxing Day. I will be in the Swindon area. Ought be a proper plan to go watch that game. 

14 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Eldest and I gave this a spin this evening and had to stop short on watching the third episode as he needs to go to school in the morning.

Good find, thank you all for bringing this one up.

Been putting off Ahsoka for the past 6 episodes. Kind of wish i had left it till the season finale, because it's genuinely bingeworthy. Even the cat was enthralled!

Ahsoka: highly recommended.

the other show recently completed, was The Defeated. Gritty stuff set in berlin just after the cessation of WW2. Strong character portrayals. Zero feelgood though.