What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

The wife (therefore me too) Bump on Showmax. 

The show is a bit too woke for my liking, and it quite literally my one of my worst nightmares (teenage pregnancy). 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2023 at 11:28 AM, Capricorn said:

Recently binged on Dear Child, german series available on Netflix. Very good.

interesting bit: the lead police actress is south african by birth, has british citizenship, and lives and works in Germany.

I finally got around to watching this.
6 busy episodes - quick binge

Nice change of scenery (pace, language, actors, content) from all the usual American stuff

On 10/4/2023 at 6:19 PM, Capricorn said:

so..

who else is watching Gen V?

just prepare yourself to see testicular jump castle....

The jump castle scene was strange and hilarious.
I enjoyed the series more than I thought I would as I found 'The Boys' becoming quite hard to watch.
Of course, this series ends in a cliff hanger setting up a merge with The Boys.
I will be looking out for it.

Started the Masters of the Air mini series (9 episodes) on the weekend. First 2 episodes are up on Apple TV.

Executive Produced by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, and follows the 100th Bomb Group in their B17 Flying Fortresses as a sort of "next instalment" in the Band of Brothers and The Pacific mini series trilogy (not that that's an official thing).

But yeah, pretty awesome so far! Highly recommend for anyone that loved the other 2 mini series.

image.png.8c2a898ad47064e8e37d120c06bd34e1.png

For the rugby fans, there is this one episode wonder on RugbyPass.tv

and then on Netflix, there is the 6Nations equivalent of Drive to Survive… Full Contact. 
Warning: same narrator as Unchained.

Edited by Frosty

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, patches said:

Started watching Shogun last week. Pretty epic so far. Only downside is there's a fair amount of reading required, (unless one can understand Japanese). 

image.png.7903eab621d94be10b210d1ed9d8e435.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788316/?ref_=ttep_ov_i

I'm enjoying this one too...

Note to self - manage your expectations by checking how many episodes are available before starting to watch a series... 😄

Billions S7 on Showmax. I find that the pace of the story telling has picked up remarkably compared to prior seasons. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had 13 hours to kill while restricted to an aisle seat, so managed to watch 7 of the 8 episodes, in between reading and some power naps. 

Touches a few good moral points in life, eg. most Dads would want to protect their daughter(s) from life changing events, i.e. early pregnancy and/or a car wreck. And then careers over family life.

On 3/9/2024 at 4:11 PM, Frosty said:

A Guy Ritchie series, so bound to be entertaining 

Started watching this recently. About 3 episodes in. 

Started with Killing Eve after reading about it on here. Not something I would typically watch ,but surprisingly good. Jodie Comer plays Villanelle really well plus she isnt bad looking either. Sandra Oh started irritating me in Greys Anatomy, but overall quite an enjoyable show.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:41 AM, The Ouzo said:

Started watching this recently. About 3 episodes in. 

I started watching this last night, and I predict a few binge sessions coming up!

4 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I started watching this last night, and I predict a few binge sessions coming up!

Not sure I'd binge watch it, but entertaining enough to watch is every few days.