When do you get time to ride

Active Monkey

Most people have a 8 to 5 job which means you are at work earlier than 8 to avoid traffic. I start at 6 and work till 3 or 4 depending on the workload.

My question when do you get time to ride....i would love to ride more but just don't get time during the week

Bought a good set of head- and tail lights... Ride at around 6:30... Suburban roads, nice quick hour/hour and a half ride. In between, it's IDT interval sessions.

I find if I go before I eat dinner, it's much better.

Ride even if you have a had a long day/you're tired/its hot/its cold.

Just get on the bike.

I am in the same boat...leave at 7 and home after 5. I ride the indoor bike during the week ( not ideal, I know) and the bicycle on the weekend!

Early morning rides for me - 4.15am - 6am ....zero cars. Then a mtb ride mid-week/Thursday (my only day off).

Problem is I have to go to bed early to get enough sleep.

Otherwise indoor trainer.

Bit of a bitch.

I often wonder how people get in their training and become really good as nine to fivers.

Go to bed early twice a week 2/5

Head out at 5 Brrrrr

One long ride on the weekend.

04h30 to 7am rides 3 or 4 times during the week. Riding with a group makes it easier. Must say winter is tough to get out the front door! Enter the Jock for some added winter motivation.

0430 - 0630 3 workdays a week, and up to 5 days a week lunchtimes for up to 2 hours - starting anytime from 11am till as late as 2pm - weekends are rest days mostly.

Most people have a 8 to 5 job which means you are at work earlier than 8 to avoid traffic. I start at 6 and work till 3 or 4 depending on the workload.

My question when do you get time to ride....i would love to ride more but just don't get time during the week

Did you ride this morning? Around 11:30 on Kelly?

i ride to work, leave at 6am, depending on route i take...in spring/summer i ride at 530am during the week...if its raining or really bad weather im on the IDT..

I know some elite riders (that has a full time job) in the cape ride at 430am...in winter..and some riders i know use the IDT for 70% of their training time..

Live in Krugersdorp, work in Parktown...commute takes 15minutes longer by bicycle than with the car...2 times a week 100km and then another ride on the weekedn, the other days I leave early to go and swim at VA old eds close to work.

Did you ride this morning? Around 11:30 on Kelly?

Did ride today... And yes stay on kelly but dont remeber the time.

In summer i commute. Start at 5 and by 6 im showered and working... But its only 15 km. some afternoons ( mostly mon and wends) i gr to do a urban 20 to 30)

Weekends i ride either the sun or sat and do a 30 to 40 offroad or i do at least a event a month.

It is all about priorities. If it is important enough, you will have lots of time.

BTW If you stop working at 3 in the afternoon, you have plenty time. If you meant 3 the next morning, you seriously need a new job.