Confessions of a double poster

Double poster

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is this karma a new Karma or old Karma?

You're not the only 1 asking. Probably the first profile I've seen that has 3 times as many profile views as posts. 24 vs 73.

Welcome back K

post-16445-0-74990900-1371549067_thumb.jpg

There are currently 486 identified duplicate accounts (i.e. 486 profiles which have one or more additional account), however the VAST majority are legit, e.g. people who have a separate account for business and personal, family members / colleagues sharing connections or devices and members who've accidentally created two accounts when registering (e.g. input the wrong email address on the first attempt).

Of the 486 I expect a very small percentage to be troublemakers, but overall the system is far more reliable than using IP addresses alone.

:eek: :eek:

@ Admin...respect to you for also enforcing the rules...

Now, can you please also "enforce" the rules regarding Trolls / trolling etc.?? We can certainly do with soem more stricter enforcing of said rules...

Thank you...

@ Admin...respect to you for also enforcing the rules...

Now, can you please also "enforce" the rules regarding Trolls / trolling etc.?? We can certainly do with soem more stricter enforcing of said rules...

Thank you...

I think what we have established is that none of the commonly known trolls actually ride bicycles...

Some are heathens

Some mangle thumbs with motorbikes

Some are old

Some are peanut butters, (we dunno if he rode or just liked to barney behind the shed at NF)

Duplicate accounts have always been against the rules, but until recently carried a warning point just like any other offence.

Like all other moderation on The Hub, moderation of duplicate accounts is a reactive process, i.e. where there are reports or suspicions we will investigate. Due to challenges in identifying and monitoring duplicate accounts it was not feasible to accurately monitor and control this.

We have recently improved the identification and monitoring processes which now allow for more accurate identification. With this it has become apparent that there are a number of duplicate account holders and more of a problem that expected.

However innocuous isolated incidents may appear it is a serious offence and carries serious consequences. In the Classifieds section the risks stretch beyond simple trouble making or trolling to potential scammers and fraudsters operating under multiple aliases.

Thank you for clearing that up, from the outside it looked like some hubbers were getting preferential treatment. Glad that is not the case.

As long as we refer to it as double posting and not by the abbreviation of DP we'll all be safe in assuming the same meaning.

Luckily I use Google Safe at the office… :whistling: