Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve - Gauteng

Henley 1

Snapshot has been begging me for years to join her on a training ride there before. I always have a problem as it is far from us. I think this year just before the 94.7 I must do two laps there in preparation.

Make it a getaway and stay over there for one night, you won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to do some serious hill training tomorrow. What is the total ascent on a lap? I live pretty far so just need to way up my options.

I need to do some serious hill training tomorrow. What is the total ascent on a lap? I live pretty far so just need to way up my options.

57.7km per lap 1292 m climbing per lap .

• 2 weeks later...

I've done SBR quite a few times and it must be one of the best training rides in Gauteng. It's also a very beautiful and safe place to ride. What is frustrating though is trying to find the MTB trail(s) that people talk about. Even the front gate offers a map of where this trail is, but I have never been able to find it. If anyone can help me on this, I'd really appreciate it.

I've done SBR quite a few times and it must be one of the best training rides in Gauteng. It's also a very beautiful and safe place to ride. What is frustrating though is trying to find the MTB trail(s) that people talk about. Even the front gate offers a map of where this trail is, but I have never been able to find it. If anyone can help me on this, I'd really appreciate it.

It is the 4x4 trail. If you are driving from the main parking lot, just before the old main gate, the path starts on the left-hand side.

It is the 4x4 trail. If you are driving from the main parking lot, just before the old main gate, the path starts on the left-hand side.

Thanks. Do you know how far it is? Also, when you say the old gate, do you mean the gate that is about 300 metres up the road from where the main gate is? Edited by Mikesa9

Hi Guys,

Anybody got the Garmin Maps (Road and or MTB) for these courses? I really wanna ride SBR and would love it if i had the maps

Thanks. Do you know how far it is? Also, when you say the old gate, do you mean the gate that is about 300 metres up the road from where the main gate is?

The last time I rode it, about 1.5 years ago, it was about 15kms.

Old gate - Old entrance that is about 2kms inside the reserve from the new main entrance, the builidng that is in the middle of the road.

Sure, I have the road map. How do I send it to you? You won't get lost though, its perfectly sign posted. Just remember that you can't turn back!

Edited by Mikesa9

The last time I rode it, about 1.5 years ago, it was about 15kms.

Old gate - Old entrance that is about 2kms inside the reserve from the new main entrance, the builidng that is in the middle of the road.

Yes, I know where that is. You've been a great help. Thanks.

You could feel lost. But not really get lost.Only problem could be that you run out of legs, and then it is a long way out. Best to go in a group.

An idea is to ride it once with a car. Just to see what it's about.

It's a nice place to ride.