Did I just see 20 lights in Cecelia??

(Deon)

"Thursday night riders, whatever you do, don't **** up the negotiations!"

When exactly or these negotiations comming to a conclusion as far i know its years in the talking already.

We are riding there at night!!!

no harm to any hiker!!!

we dont **** on the trail like there dogs!!!

we dont littre on the trail like there kids!!!

so guess what!!!

we will continue riding there. its not a government restricled area

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When exactly or these negotiations comming to a conclusion as far i know its years in the talking already.

no harm to any hiker!!!

so guess what!!!

Ummmm...... it most certainly is a "government restricted area" and in this case run by SAN Parks (or TMNP)

Edited by CaneRat

I'm not too fussed with who.. that's not my problem, if Parks wanted to find them google will give up all their names and profiles - Strava search, link results to Facebook and you have evidence linked to a person. It's not rocket science..

This was the first result I found.. there were many more, some through Orangekloof which in my humble opinion is enough to keep us asking for access for years. Just ask the dog walkers how long they have been petitioning to be allowed back into the Arboretum, which is walking heaven! 1983.. actually this belongs on the other thread dealing with similar issues - Access.

post-13110-0-41120500-1371798795_thumb.jpg

Ummmm...... it most certainly is a "government restricted area" and in this case run by SAN Parks (or TMNP)

The attitude of these riders is another thing. Why are we stuck in meetings?

Hey Redlight - your name is quite fitting for your statement.. expect one soon. Are you willing to make any attempt at getting permission? No? Thought not. There are many like you. Go and read the OP again and see who you are pissing off, now ask yourself why we have spent years asking, pleading and now on the brink of demanding.. will it get us anywhere? It won't be easy because even if Parks want to say yes, people like you are supplying the "opposition" with ammunition, the other users of the park. You are a turncoat.

Everything you state in your argument has no relevance if you are not allowed to be there...

Oh, and I pick up plenty of rider **** (aka litter) from the trails, bushes, under rocks and even next to dustbins.. you can tell me it wasn't you, but what's point if the guy next to you is giving you a bad name. It's a wide brush!

no harm to any hiker!!!

so guess what!!!

Damn dude, way to ensure that all Pain or Shine's, Rob Vogel's and Meurant Botha's efforts to get us on the "good side" of Parks are effectively kyboshed.

And yes, it is a government restricted area. It's a nature reserve. And you're not allowed to ride there. An attitude of wilfully ignorant entitlement won't get you anywhere.

Might have seen them going up talana road last night in claremont heading for the trails. Group of 10 all with loads of lights.

Red some of Redlights comments, he's a complete stirrer with no intention of helping in anyway.

Not worth your time and effort pos.

Guys, this is an even more sensitive topic than the religion threads.

Do not, let me repeat, do not use personal insults.

Regard this is a first and only warning.

no harm to any hiker!!!

so guess what!!!

Wow, what a legend. Really, you are to awesome for words.

Red some of Redlights comments, he's a complete stirrer with no intention of helping in anyway.

Not worth your time and effort pos.

Agreed but remember that there are many more saying the same thing. It can't be easy to wait for so long, I can understand his anger, I have it too but without control the process just takes longer. Did you know that negotiations started in 1995. Still a speck on what it could be, poor dog walkers, there was laughter around the table when the same lady from many prior meetings had her chance to speak, not out of what she said but more out of disbelief.

Why are the dog walkers struggling? Poo! Not their fault but a damning case against their plea. We could be in the same boat through lack of control. How can i reassure a controlling body in terms of management when guys like Redlight (yes the classic 2%) are throwing grenades into the meetings.

I swear, 50% of meeting time is discussing behaviour of the few.

Guys, this is an even more sensitive topic than the religion threads.

Do not, let me repeat, do not use personal insults.

Regard this is a first and only warning.

That was not an insult, his attitude is an insult to everyone who wants better trails.

No denying that 20 lights on an unlit mountain is going to attract some beef, could only be chops!

I am having a hard time calculating your tone, grab another coffee.

I hear what you are saying so have a look at this thread.. http://www.thehubsa....mount-pleasant/

My tone is positive! I am saying that we shouldn't fight the chrismas trees but rather see how we can work with them (and they with us). I fight enough in the office :-) and don't want to fight about cycling :-)

no harm to any hiker!!!

so guess what!!!

And there i thought evry1 up by the big mountain in cpt, understood HARMONY with nature......

Maybe need some more sea air bro :thumbup: