championchip entering scam?

didi3

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you prove otherwise?

I think by law the onus is on you to supply the proof of dishonesty since a person is assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Aside from the law common convention dictates that the person first making an assertion should be the one to supply the proof

In retrospect, it might have been better to say this, however, this will have to be discussed with head office. Maybe for future events we'll have to do this to eliminate any confusion.

On the PASA website http://www.pasa.org....ide_credit.html I got the following information:

May a merchant charge me an additional amount when I choose to pay with my credit card?

No, a merchant may not “penalise” (generally known as a surcharge in the industry) you for using a credit card for a purchase transaction. The amount charged should match the displayed or advertised price.

The merchant may, however, offer a discount off the displayed price for cash transactions.

Stil holding on to your "MAYBE for future events bla, bla, bla"

Or just passing the bucket to the organisers?

Edited by didi3

On the PASA website http://www.pasa.org....ide_credit.html I got the following information:

May a merchant charge me an additional amount when I choose to pay with my credit card?

No, a merchant may not “penalise” (generally known as a surcharge in the industry) you for using a credit card for a purchase transaction. The amount charged should match the displayed or advertised price.

The merchant may, however, offer a discount off the displayed price for cash transactions.

Right there is my proof of them being skelm.

LAWYER'ED!

Good news!!

Does this mean we can get part of our Kremetart entree fee back?

or do we need to report them first to the relevant outhorities

Christo's (chanpionchip) silence is deafening.

This means he does not care (no good)

Or he does not have an answer (no good)

Or he is to sick to answer (might be valid)

Good news!!

Does this mean we can get part of our Kremetart entree fee back?

or do we need to report them first to the relevant outhorities

Good luck with that. Consumer Commission? What a joke. ASA? Maybe, but they can really do anything punitive.

Good luck with that. Consumer Commission? What a joke. ASA? Maybe, but they can really do anything punitive.

I must say I often see this CPA thing being mentioned and supposedly retailers and suppliers 'thereatened' with it it but have yet to see or hear of any real action ......

I must say I often see this CPA thing being mentioned and supposedly retailers and suppliers 'thereatened' with it it but have yet to see or hear of any real action ......

The CPA is a decent piece of legislation. The Consumer Comm, however, is fairly toothless, and unable to deal with a huge backlog. Also, while retailers or suppliers are often non-compliant or flagrantly flout the CPA, consumers themselves haven't acquainted themselves with the provisions of the act, or listen to brash and incorrect interpretations of the act, such as espoused by a certain self-appointed CPA "expert" on here some time back.

Reply just received...:

Hi Jacques

These are not irregularities but fees we are entitled to charge.

If you go to www.championchip.co.za and click on the Mamusa icon. This will bring up the page with all the race details.

scroll down the left hand side you will see a box marked conditions and if you click on "Click here" all is explained there.

Kind regards

Sue

When you read the agreement with the Race Organiser it is termed as an transaction fee of R 7.50 per entry + 4.5% of the amount. The organiser can decide whether it should be included in the entry or whether it should be added additionally. So as with the other entry companies just add it to the entry fee and everybody will be happy.

This is the fee CC gets for processing your entry.

Maybe wrong wording on web-site. They are entitled to charge you a fee for the entry, the compilation of a database, etc. Nobody will do it for free. This is the service fee for entry and not a credit card related fee.

What does other companies charge the organiser per entry. Between R 30 and R 50.00

Some of these companies run an cartel like operation forcing other races to use their entry system, timing system, to be counted in. What a monopoly. Wonder about unfair competition.

Maybe those that make the allegegation that CH is dishonest should retract their staements.

ok - i had a look at the site...just because it interests me...and the whole way through the process it says 190...even on the final checkout page it displays 190 in two seperate places with a very small indicator of the extra cost. This could definitely be presented and handled better....it looks like they are trying to hide the charges and promote cheaper prices...underhanded to say the least

post-7169-0-13993100-1372422039_thumb.jpg

CC are a bunch of snakes and I as a rule won't do any race timed by them !

That would be "racing snakes" then?

I like CC, they answered queries when I had them and usually get the results up super-fast.

If they are wrong to add the credit card charge, then they will just make the headline price the credit card price, and maybe discount something off that for other methods of payment.

Thread title shouldnt have "scam" so much as "mild annoyance" - but that wont sell newspapers.

When you read the agreement with the Race Organiser it is termed as an transaction fee of R 7.50 per entry + 4.5% of the amount. The organiser can decide whether it should be included in the entry or whether it should be added additionally. So as with the other entry companies just add it to the entry fee and everybody will be happy.

This is the fee CC gets for processing your entry.

Maybe wrong wording on web-site. They are entitled to charge you a fee for the entry, the compilation of a database, etc. Nobody will do it for free. This is the service fee for entry and not a credit card related fee.

What does other companies charge the organiser per entry. Between R 30 and R 50.00

Some of these companies run an cartel like operation forcing other races to use their entry system, timing system, to be counted in. What a monopoly. Wonder about unfair competition.

Maybe those that make the allegegation that CH is dishonest should retract their staements.

Seems that you got all the answers.

Suppose a race organiser opt for including the R7,50 and the R9,90 (4,5% of R220,00) in the entree price of the long route.

The new advertised entree fee is now R237,40

What about the championchip he also ordered (and got noting to do with the organisers) for R100,00, is championchip willing to pay for the credit card surcharge on the chip?

The same applies to a charity donation as part of the entering procedure.

As it stands now with the Carousel entrees, the participant pays 4,5% on these items as well.

Who pays the 4,5% in the above example?