Worlds View Ladies Racing - The storm is brewing!!

Johnny B

Please can someone who knows what happened PM me the details of the incident.

Speak to the boys in yellow and blue, in particular to one of their now 40+ riders, he rode most of the five days.Dead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it is just soar grapes.

Yes' date=' the ladies sat wheel a lot.  BUT they are allowed to.

Like Bruce said.  There is a greater goal here.  Europe.  SO if that will make them stronger, so be it. 

As for the help the guys are dishing out.  I saw one or two incidents.  Not sportsman like but maybe gentlemen like?  It was HARD out there and ANY help would have been nice I think.

Did that help received get the girls better placings?  I don't think so.  The best girl won.

Day one in the sprint was a bit unfair I think as a cyclelab rider was pulling the girls to the line with 500m to go. (Two cyclelab chicks getting pulled by a cyclab vet with one MTN chick sandwitched in between.  Needless to say, the MTN chick did not win the sprint.  Cry)

I was sitting at back and had a bird's eye view.  Nice.  Big%20smile (The view that is)

[/quote']

Spinnekop, remeber that MTN had a VET sitting at the top of Polly shorts waiting for their Lass and he then paced her to the finish. The CL VET only fresponded to what had happened when he found out, and it was'nt a pre planned move like MTN. For a rider to break away and then wait at the top of Polly Shorts is pre planned.  DeadDead

look at some of the photos from world's view....see one or two ladies defintely being pulled by the men.....

where are there photos ?

Ey dfm1 get your facts straight before you make any assumptions!! I was in that race and can deffenitly confirm that there was no guy waiting for a MTN girl on top of poly short! She managed to break away on her own and caught up with the guys in front. She also dropped them before the line and had a SOLO ride to the finish!!

i rode in the vets / ladies tour which ran in conjunction with the Giro a couple of years back. same thing happened there. btw Francois du Toit used to pay someone who rode in the D bunch to wait for the Masters in league races and then this guy used to close down all the attacks for Francois. the masters just used to laugh about it.

Ladies racing will only benefit hugely from racing with the men. Back in the day the Ladies raced all their races with the vests and when Anke Erlank went to the world champs in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />San Sebastian Spainon> 1997 she was able to make the winning break of 6 girls in the Woman?s Elite race without any international racing under her belt on a very tough climbing course.

In South Africa she simply rode away from all the other woman being able to race with the men. On some occasions she would even stay in with the elite men till the very end over hilly courses, however she was something else, tough as nails.

I have yet to see the woman that can train like her, a hard 180km on the bike and then go for a 15km run afterwards and then a full swimming session for cool down on a regular basis.

Think it is just soar grapes.

Yes' date=' the ladies sat wheel a lot.  BUT they are allowed to.

Like Bruce said.  There is a greater goal here.  Europe.  SO if that will make them stronger, so be it. 

As for the help the guys are dishing out.  I saw one or two incidents.  Not sportsman like but maybe gentlemen like?  It was HARD out there and ANY help would have been nice I think.

Did that help received get the girls better placings?  I don't think so.  The best girl won.

Day one in the sprint was a bit unfair I think as a cyclelab rider was pulling the girls to the line with 500m to go. (Two cyclelab chicks getting pulled by a cyclab vet with one MTN chick sandwitched in between.  Needless to say, the MTN chick did not win the sprint.  Cry)

I was sitting at back and had a bird's eye view.  Nice.  Big%20smile (The view that is)

[/quote']

Spinnekop, remeber that MTN had a VET sitting at the top of Polly shorts waiting for their Lass and he then paced her to the finish. The CL VET only fresponded to what had happened when he found out, and it was'nt a pre planned move like MTN. For a rider to break away and then wait at the top of Polly Shorts is pre planned.  DeadDead

dfm1, not quite what happened. The MTN guy, Mark Linnington, broke away with myself, Spinnekop and Hook It about 10 kms earlier. They then dropped S and myself with about 10 to go. Marrissa left your bunch on Pollies, came past me and rode over to them. Admittedly, he could have paced her to the finish (which is entirely within the rules, as we started together), but I have no doubt that Marissa would have solo'ed to the end anyway. Good for her I say.

My wife actually took this photo on the top of Pollys, shows MWNN holding on for dear life Embarrassed.....but.... no Mark Linnington

20080209_090535_Polly_Shorts.jpg

Man with no name2008-02-09 09:06:02

Ey dfm1 get your facts straight before you make any assumptions!! I was in that race and can deffenitly confirm that there was no guy waiting for a MTN girl on top of poly short! She managed to break away on her own and caught up with the guys in front. She also dropped them before the line and had a SOLO ride to the finish!!

no assumption,fact,maybe you were suffering from double vision,no one waited,they with with the group,as we all saw sernoche12008-02-11 00:12:42

The losing girls and their boyfriends always moan about losing and selections. Hijack: How will Ronel v Wyk perform in the Cape Epic?