Joberg2c training plan

Spend time in the saddle, do long rides over the weekends 2-3 days in a row. Try aiming for 12-15 hours per week the last 2-3 months before the joberg2c and you should be more than fine and also be able to enjoy the ride more. No need for a trainer imo, just listen to your body.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

Go have a look at www.dinamic-coaching.com.

Dinamic Coaching has an individualized training philosophy to help you find your true potential through a structured and systematic training program, whilst enjoying the benefits of a healthy lifestyle

We have been involved in coaching a range of Athletes including, a 2010 Commonwealth Games athlete, winners of National Championships as well as first timers to Triathlon, and are Consulting Coaches to Edinburgh University.

A program from Dinamic Coaching will ensure that you are working at the right intensity for the right duration at the right time. We are able to give you the invaluable feedback and motivation that is so important and yet is so difficult to achieve on your own.

With Dinamic Coaching you can enjoy the confidence of knowing that you can enter your most important races in the best possible condition

I started in january....and I was very lazy. :blush:

• 3 months later...

Keep current fitness .Don,t become a slob over December .5 to 6 hours a week until you hit 12 weeks before the event .Follow the training plan on Dryland ,s website for the Pioneer and you will be plenty ready .DON,t Start too early .It is all in the timing .Try and become stronger long before the 12 week plan .Singlespeed riding ,Lots of climbing .There is plenty of time to get ready !!! .Train riding with a hangover !!

Keep current fitness .Don,t become a slob over December .5 to 6 hours a week until you hit 12 weeks before the event .Follow the training plan on Dryland ,s website for the Pioneer and you will be plenty ready .DON,t Start too early .It is all in the timing .Try and become stronger long before the 12 week plan .Singlespeed riding ,Lots of climbing .There is plenty of time to get ready !!! .Train riding with a hangover !!

Got a URL for that?

I've just joined up with Mark Williams at BikeFit. I currently train between 8 to 12 hours per week and just finished the B&B a few weeks ago, so I am in relatively good shape.

The first thing he has done is cut my training to 4 to 5 hours per week! This will continue through December with the very clear instruction to take it real easy. In January we will start to pick up the pacd, with a peak of 14 hours per week.

I must say that I am a little worried about losing my hard earned fitness, but will take the plunge and have faith in him.

Wish me luck!