Firearms & cycling ...

Joe!

Saw a guy on a MTB riding in the Cradle this morning with a gun dangling from his side. Looked like .38 special. Must note that he did not look concerned about the extra weight.

If its open for the whole world to see, you'r looking for trouble. Ride with my 9mil concealed like the law states. Otherwise its an eye for an eye. Thats the new SA rules.

In a hijacking there's no time to grab a gun ... believe me. I have been there and carrying guns will just make the f....k...rs shoot first. I think CSA should immediately ban anyone carrying a firearm in a race.

I doubt someone will bring their gat to a race.

Edited by Cav'

If its open for the whole world to see, you'r looking for trouble. Ride with my 9mil concealed like the law states. Otherwise its an eye for an eye. Thats the new SA rules.

Yah, indeed, I have no issue if someone wants to carry a weapon on their ride, thats their business and its not up to me to make a judgement on it, but do so within the rule of law and ensure its concealed, otherwise it just brings unwanted attention to gun owners who do carry weapons within the rules of the law.

Saw a guy on a MTB riding in the Cradle this morning with a gun dangling from his side. Looked like .38 special. Must note that he did not look concerned about the extra weight.

Flippen tool. Pepper Spray is a much better option. What if you wipe out and that thing goes off. You could kill an innocent person.Very irresponsible IMO

It is safe to cycle with a revolver (.38 special as stated) as long as you don't ride with it cocked; which in any case is flipping stupid and you've got my permission to shoot yourself.

Revolvers got a double action trigger and even if you moer yourself silly by falling continuously off your bike it will not fire. The biggest mistake by this individual was to ride while the firearm was visible for the whole world to see.

I used to ride motorcycle with my firearm, until I had my first fall. Two fractured ribs were the pistol pushed in... after that I started wearing a chest protector until I later realized it is safer just to leave the pistol at home. Something like pepper spray is indeed a better option.

My mate weighs about 75kg rides with a 9mm. In a body pouch that his wife made with a Velcro side entry, you cannot see is with a tight fit cycling shirt and trust me he whips it out quicker than I can figure wich way to turn the pepper spray nozzle, I have no issue riding with him strapping his 9mm, but a gat hanging out is just asking for attention, and I don't mean the good type

My mate weighs about 75kg rides with a 9mm. In a body pouch that his wife made with a Velcro side entry, you cannot see is with a tight fit cycling shirt and trust me he whips it out quicker than I can figure wich way to turn the pepper spray nozzle, I have no issue riding with him strapping his 9mm, but a gat hanging out is just asking for attention, and I don't mean the good type

Valid point

I'll keep within the law . I hear what some of u are saying, but like dipstick is saying no gat hanging out, safety on , non cocked, etc. No weapon is 100 % going to cover you

against thugs, but at least i have a chance or die trying.

I'll keep within the law . I hear what some of u are saying, but like dipstick is saying no gat hanging out, safety on , non cocked, etc. No weapon is 100 % going to cover you

against thugs, but at least i have a chance or die trying.

rather instead of carryign a gun...when you ride your bicycle in the bush anyone that is walking there is a possible mugger, take a different route , turn around ...slow down and observe their motion. and that goes for road as well.

Anyone that may be interested in carrying a firearm for protection in any conditions, please go to gunsight.co.za and look at what the people are saying there (tactical & general sections) regarding this.