Chinese Carbon Wheels

Meezo

At this price point, what Hubs and spokes are these wheels built with so that the folks can compare apples with apples?

All our road wheels come with our own hubs which have a T7075 all 15mm axle both front and rear with ABEC 5 bearings, standard sizing so any bike shop can service. The free hub offers a 30 tooth ring with 6 multi point engagements allowing for free hub engagement every 12'

Spokes are Sapim CX-ray bladed with Sapim 16mm brass nipples (we run brass because they stronger, don't corrode and easier to work with). Wheels also include the tubeless tape and valves and then matching QR's (front and rear). Concept Speed carbon specific brake pads are included.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All our road wheels come with our own hubs which have a T7075 all 15mm axle both front and rear with ABEC 5 bearings, standard sizing so any bike shop can service. The free hub offers a 30 tooth ring with 6 multi point engagements allowing for free hub engagement every 12'

Spokes are Sapim CX-ray bladed with Sapim 16mm brass nipples (we run brass because they stronger, don't corrode and easier to work with). Wheels also include the tubeless tape and valves and then matching QR's (front and rear). Concept Speed carbon specific brake pads are included.

On the MTB side on things we have two hub options and two rim options.

First hub option - Concept Speed 28H 6-bolt 102 point engagement (every 3.5') thru axle with QR end caps, T7075 all 15mm axle for extra stiffness. Boost hubs will be available mid-February 2019. These are usually built into our Carbon 29" XC wheel sets which retail for R12 495.00 these wheels are build with pillar double butted spokes.

Second hub option - HOPE Pro 4 MTB. high end hubs with custom colours. these are usually build with Sapim CX ray bladed spokes into our 29" WIDE rims with the wheelset retailing for R16 995.00

I suspected the build was more time consuming than rocket science.

So probably not a popular exercise at LBS, but one that they would be capable of doing.

Takes a bit longer, that’s all

Does anyone know where I can find a carbon rim (just the rim, 38mm preferably) in Cape Town.

I melted my back rim over the weekend and can't wait a month for a new one from China.

Does anyone know where I can find a carbon rim (just the rim, 38mm preferably) in Cape Town.

I melted my back rim over the weekend and can't wait a month for a new one from China.

The wait from China may even be longer given that holidays are coming up.

The wait from China may even be longer given that holidays are coming up.

damn i forgot about this... there goes that idea 

• 1 month later...

Hi

Has anyone bought 38mm Clinchers from AliExpress recently ?

How long did your Order Take ?

Did you have any issues (Customs)

Are you happy with your purchase ?

Im looking at getting some SuperTeam 38mm Clinchers

Thanks in advance

Do you have pics of the wheels you bought ?

What you see is what you get. I was lining up a set of tubbies from them however got a sweet deal on a 2nd hand pair locally.

Bought from them before. Absolutely no issues from communication to the product quality and of cause good value.

+1 on these. I have a set of their 38mm's with about 10000km on them. The hubs are still smooth as butter, the braking surface is still hundreds (I can recommend changing to Swissstop pads though). I've hit potholes at speed and thought "sh!t, there goes my wheel" but they were unharmed. They needed a truing out the box and only one other truing over the 10000+km's

Highly recommended

https://www.bladexcycle.com/bladex-sdm-6X9-handmade-full-carbon-road-bike-wheelset/

So these arrived for me today - I upgraded to 11sp and needed a set of race wheels so found a local importer in Cape Town and ordered a set.  I had them assembled here in Jhb by Nick at Wheelbulder.co.za so looking forward to seeing how they compare to my old Zipps.

Finish looks superb though, and they are tubeless compatible - not sure If I'll go that route yet, but I have the valves and all the bits if I want to later.

Are you happy with these wheels...I am interested in 38 mm clinchers, see they only weigh 1319 g. What hubs did you use

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody still selling Nextie rims in South Africa?

And: Ordering from China gives me the option to ship with EMS, DHL and Fedex. Any experience with the shipping duration with DHL or Fedex?