I nearly hit a Shallow Pig at the Cullinan race

River Rat

I was cruising along a flat stretch between the 40-50k mark today when a sounder of shallow pigs decided to cross the jeep track . I do not know what my speed was but I guess it was between 30-40kph. The mom and 2 little ones decided to bolt across the track and I guess the other three youngsters could hear my bike wheels skidding in the dust and thankfully they hesitated. I managed to bring my bike to halt almost exactly where the first three crossed and the remaining three crossed about 5 meters in front of me. A close call but what an awesome sight. I wonder if the rider behind me caught this on his Go-Pro.

Edited by River Rat

I was cruising along a flat stretch between the 40-50k mark today when a sounder of shallow pigs decided to cross the jeep track . I do not know what my speed was but I guess it was between 30-40kph. The mom and 2 little ones decided to bolt across the track and I guess the other three youngsters could hear my bike wheels skidding in the dust and thankfully they hesitated. I managed to bring my bike to halt almost exactly where the first three crossed and the remaining three crossed about 5 meters in front of me. A close call but what an awesome sight. I wonder if the rider behind me caught this on his Go-Pro.

That must have been something. Could have been a mega wipe out

Edited by Turtle Man

More seriously, glad you're safe.

Could've been a rowwe dismount.

Tuck 'n roll baby

I must admit a lot things went through my mind but bunny hopping and bacon were not on the list! Although the way my back wheel was snaking under braking I guess I developed a new technique, the Warthog Wobble!

hahaha, a real mtb experience! I know a guy who collected a hog coming home off Breedts.............the pig walked away, tough buggers.

Shallow Pig,

That was a lekke laugh,

I thought it was some kind of pig in hiding or one in a ditch!

Crouching Pig, hidden Dragon!

Yep, I hit one on a nice downhill.....and woke up in hospital! Luckily only a broken finger and concussion.....and a cracked frame.

unfortunately no Go -Pro

Yep, I hit one on a nice downhill.....and woke up in hospital! Luckily only a broken finger and concussion.....and a cracked frame.

unfortunately no Go -Pro

You'd think with a name like yours you'd be able to avoid it!