SO FUNNY! (and true?)

NicoBoshoff

Kinda random. It looks more like one of those Harlem shake videos!

Honestly it put a smile on my face.

If anyone does not get this, look up XCE, (basically a new UCI concoction of cross country and flat out sprinting). This video actually explains it quite well,... its effing hilarious. :clap:

Exactly the reaon i dontdrive a bush bike !

Nutters all y'all !

stay away from the trees !

I think the point is that they (and perhaps I) feel that XC Eliminator format is a gimmick and the UCI should rather punt for Enduro or DH as an Olympic item. XCE is to mtb'ing what the IPL is to cricket (in my opinion of course).

Just for the record XCO is awesome and deserves being an olympic item. XCE just seems too "Fast food" 'ish.

Unfortunately XCE has garnered BIG criticism from the Gravity riders and Media when it replaced 4 Cross as a UCI discipline at World Cups ... So everyone is still chooning it saying that its crap and a waste of time ...

The thing that a lot of riders and media forget is that with 4 Cross the budgets needed to design and build a track at a would cup event far out weighed the rider numbers and coverage and spectatorship that the events recieved.

2 years ago Windham in the USA had a round of the World Cup but were ready to pull out and just take the fine that would be imposed on them by the UCI rather than build a 4 Cross track as the monetary imput needed for the course would have ruined the ski resort and forced it into bankrupcy.

So the UCI came up with another spectator friendly event that is easily televised where the tracks needed are not as labour intensive as 4 Cross - and so XCO was born .... Also one must remember that with 4 Cross there is always a good chance that a rider will go down in an argy-bargy crash and if that rider was primarily a DH rider it may jepoardise their season ... so numbers fell drastically over the 5 years of 4 Cross at UCI events until there were only about 50 riders in total at an event in the mens.

XCE is not as full on contact and when run AFTER the XCO ... a number of riders will enter so this allows for a more stacked field.

But this video is just showing the views of the "Gravity" arm-chair heros who think its a waste of time ...

PS - I am a Gravity rider - but XCE is really cool to watch and im looking forward to it come the Worlds in PMB in 6 weeks time

I watched the XCE the other day and after 3 races I was bored out of my mind. Sprint for first corner, after that, will be lucky to see a passing move... yawn.