New AM bike advice

KENDA

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about that one... Super bike and very very capable. Just not as much squish as the Commencal.

yeah, i checked it about a week ago... geometry of that bike pretty similar to my bike, just smaller... so HA vs fork choice is a concern and i think my bikes suspension setup is a bit better than that one. But yeah, thanks flowta but imna give the old trance a pass...

would i regret going for the 2011 META 5.5 team??? anyone?

yeah, i checked it about a week ago... geometry of that bike pretty similar to my bike, just smaller... so HA vs fork choice is a concern and i think my bikes suspension setup is a bit better than that one. But yeah, thanks flowta but imna give the old trance a pass...

would i regret going for the 2011 META 5.5 team??? anyone?

Contact the_wes on thehubsa, he has or had one. I believe it is a very good bike.

I prefer the look of the AM3 but it is a personal preference

the look of the AM3 is one of the main reasons why i am considering saving up and paying more.... :ph34r:

Edited by TAAHIRWP

Well if I may shed some light on the Meta AM

I have now spent some time on a Meta AM 2 (about 1600km ridden) and below is some of my findings

THIS BIKE STRAIGHTS UP ROCK!

Sorry on a serious note

After reading some reviews I decided to go for the AM 2 as on the 3 there is an issue with the rear shock that isn't valved right and has issues blowing though its mid travel but apparently this can be fixed.

The original headset is shocking and is a cheap Cane "Creek" variant that got notchy super quick.

The Fox 32 fork was well just meh and didn't inspire any confidence when pointed down.

The original tyres are cheap single ply OEM variants and I removed them before even riding the bike.

The rest of the spec on the bike I was pleasantly surprised with and in retrospect never should have removed the Formula brakes.

This bike climbs like a goat and with the rear shock setup right you hardly notice any pedal bob when pointed upwards.

It rails turns like no bike I have ever had and this bike will reward you the more you lean it over.

Sending it down a hill makes me question why I ever bought a bike with 200mm travel as this bikes 160mm travel feels limitless and soaks up the big hits.

Hope this helps a bit and let me know if you have any other questions

Just a quick hijack. A few years ago, lots of dealers would have 2 or 3 year old models on clearance around this time of year. How come we dont see that anymore apart from the commencal deals?

Just a quick hijack. A few years ago, lots of dealers would have 2 or 3 year old models on clearance around this time of year. How come we dont see that anymore apart from the commencal deals?

www.obike.co.za

GT, Mongoose, Schwinn and Cannondale