Froome Voooom

HeyYou

Bit of an exaggeration. The teams have to provide guarantees for salaries after a number of teams folded without paying their riders.

Thanx, Tumbleweed.

I was specifically referring to last season's occurrences.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite all the detractors and negative and defeatist attitudes I still believe we should give support to where so far everything is positive and hopefully the mountain of cheaters is being conquered so my support will go where I see it is best for the sport and at the moment there seems to be a positive attitude against doping by the riders so I will give them support in the hope that good will prevail.

On the matter of Contador as I understand it his little dose of muti is supposed to have come from the meat he ate, it was designed to help him lose weight just as they entered the mountain stages, all meat farmers produce animals to weigh in as much as possible as they are paid per Kg and all butchers sell meat per Kg so why on earth would they feed an animal something to reduce its weight - He has shown his true colours in the past and they have been proven beyond doubt but no one is questioning him. He is riding as well as Froome.

What we have is a classic case of the press determined to tarnish detract from, and try to destroy a possible champion of good before he gets there by applying as much pressure as possible. Its a pity CF doesn't have a more reputable challenger to be up against but again here I will back CF to beat Contador as good need to win in this case and this race.

Edited by Dustbug

because Sky's current policy is the same as pretty much all the other WT teams - including Garmin. They selectively release data to the public.

What you should be asking is why didn't Bikepure request require their other memebers to do the same as they insisted from Froome.

If that is th case, why did froome ever agree to give them data in the first place

Ja, I mentioned that at the time. Bike Pure seemed to be seeking attention by singling out the clear favourite for the Tour.

Which other tour riders stopped submitting to bikepure

Which other tour riders stopped submitting to bikepure

Dunno. But if you read the release from BP, they use a plural in the heading, but only mention one rider. Hence me saying it was a publicity stunt for BP.

Get real guys there comes a point where your data can tell your opposition a lot about you in the right or wrong hands and with all that at stake and the biggest bike race on earth at stake the team and sponsors would have at some point looked to protect their interests and that would have been to stop revealing the actual condition your riders are in.

Dirty or clean (and I think they're all filthy with EPO), that was an enormous effort to cement his yellow. Three more mountain stages will be telling for the minor placings and with good support so far from the team it is hard to see anyone else in yellow come the weekend.

If that is th case, why did froome ever agree to give them data in the first place

Because he wasn't the top dawg then

He did :eek:

now he is as pure as the driven snow because he is the "underdog"...or should i say underdawg

Edited by Stretch

Ja, I mentioned that at the time. Bike Pure seemed to be seeking attention by singling out the clear favourite for the Tour.

Any form of media attention is a form of marketing.

Poorly timed shot at Froome, I reckon.

read the article

I did. Then, and after the clarification was made in blue below. It's still misleading.