Froome Voooom

HeyYou

Ok, if you're intent on proving me wrong then I'll make it easy for you. I'm wrong. Happy ?

IMHO and my perception, as wrong as it may be, a lot more seems to be made about suspicions of doping in cycling than in any other main stream sport. Even when other sports return positives.

- doping is a part of the culture in cycling

- the media, team staff, riders and sports administrators all try to cover it up

- for some people it's the subtext to the grand tour narrative that - perversely perhaps - makes things even more compelling, because it's the story nobody wants you to know, but a key part of the puzzle nonetheless

- single-day non-endurance sports don't have the same storyline and buildup as a cycling grand tour, hence the doping narrative is not as interesting for the non-participant

- yes, undoubtedly track and field is filthy and has been for years. look at all the womens records from the 70's that just cannot be broken.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would of thought Armstrong,Ricco,Pantani,Alberto etc etc were all wrong.If only they had all just followed science( as sky claim to do) instead of doping they would of all performed much better.Sky would have us believe that if you just do things in a scientific way you will perform on par and even better than on dope.

Maybe they should be asked for the definition of scientific ??

I'd love to believe Froome clean, but have had so many disappointments over the years....

Ok, if you're intent on proving me wrong then I'll make it easy for you. I'm wrong. Happy ?

IMHO and my perception, as wrong as it may be, a lot more seems to be made about suspicions of doping in cycling than in any other main stream sport. Even when other sports return positives.

Google Usain Bolt - top result:

Is Usain Bolt tainted by association following athletics doping scandal?

Yahoo! Eurosport UK ‎- 12 hours ago

Usain Bolt is clean. We cannot stress that enough. He has never tested positive, he has never been accused of taking stimulants. He has an ...

Google Chris Froome - top result:

Fuming Froome retains yellow jersey but hits out at rival Contador after near-miss on mountain top

Daily Mail ‎- 37 minutes ago

Chris Froome criticised his biggest rival for the Tour de France, Alberto Contador, for taking 'unnecessary' and 'uncalculated' risks after both ...

Edited by Tumbleweed

I have to laugh when I think back to when Armstrong started blowing everyone away. 1st he was climbing so well because of his high cadence.No, next it was because he was on the Chris Carmichael program.I like most here am a huge Froome fan,but still cautious.

I believe Froome made one huge tactical mistake so far in the tour.On Mont Ventoux he should of just climbed with Quintana and then given him the win.He would of been a hero and there wouldn't be a single accusation on the net.

I believe Froome made one huge tactical mistake so far in the tour.On Mont Ventoux he should of just climbed with Quintana and then given him the win.He would of been a hero and there wouldn't be a single accusation on the net.

Lance told him 'no gifts on Ventoux' ;)

ja, froome/quintana did remind me of lance/pantani all those years ago on ventoux......

Naa,that was Paul Sherwin who said that.What is also funny is how Sherwin and Co have been made to look like nobs by all the dopers.Dont think they even know what to say any more,can barley even say the name Lance Armstrong.

All I can say is that Chris is lucky he's got his brother Richie Froome to help him lol.

They share beetroot juice too... :ph34r:

We must accept that any TDF result may only be finalised ten years from now........ by the way, is this REALLY the 100th running of Le Tour? What about the recent ones that have been declared "winnerless"......

also, david walsh was going to spend every day with sky in 2012. Then wiggo veto'd it and said he can only join them after day 8. why?

Why did chris froome stop submitting his info to bike pure 18 months ago?

because Sky's current policy is the same as pretty much all the other WT teams - including Garmin. They selectively release data to the public.

What you should be asking is why didn't Bikepure request require their other memebers to do the same as they insisted from Froome.

No not all teams have that big a budget, but team Sky i think have the biggest budget in cycling

According to Vaughters... his team (Garmin) is no. 11, the top 6 as follows:

Jonathan Vaughters@Vaughters9h

@AndyElche @lucaseuser 1.Katisha 2. BMC. 3. Sky. 4. Astana. 5. Omega. 6. RSNt. With minimal differences. Differences become big after #6

And the part that follows is interesting. Vaughters quite often talks about missing out on Froome - he made a BIG play for him and at that point he had only shown glimpses of what he could do in the Vuelta (Sky re-signed him just before the end of the 2011 Vuelta) - Froome was talking to Garmin and other teams before and during as Sky had not sommitted to him.

AndyR@AndyElche9h

@Vaughters @lucaseuser thank you..do you consider your budget enough to develop your ideas/talent to the max..seems to be!

Jonathan Vaughters@Vaughters9h

@AndyElche @lucaseuser no!!! If my budget were a bit bigger, Froome would be under contract w me. Lost that bid in 2011

Edited by dracs

With respect to my fellow hubbers... How many of you were actually LA supporters/ Fans?? And since he unleashed the fact that he doped, turned against him?? Calling him a cheat/ liar etc.

Lance lied to his fans, press media and when questioned about doping could say with a smile.. NO!!

I mean, if people/ media are going to question SKY managers/ riders about doping.. Who would say "YES" i'm doping :wacko:

because Sky's current policy is the same as pretty much all the other WT teams - including Garmin. They selectively release data to the public.

What you should be asking is why didn't Bikepure request require their other memebers to do the same as they insisted from Froome.

Ja, I mentioned that at the time. Bike Pure seemed to be seeking attention by singling out the clear favourite for the Tour.