Froome Voooom

HeyYou

I heard Darryl Impey say that to see someone like Froome winning means that the bunch is much cleaner.

Now you could take that statement a few ways. :lol:

But he definitely believes in Froome himself.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Froome's power data had been released to Lequipe and a French physiologist.

Obviously Sky will release selective data that have been "vetted" by their very own experts or they would not release anything at all.

I say release ALL data from training rides to the other 50 races that he has done in between. If you only release the data at the top of the doping cycle (if I may call it that) then it will look all the same. I want to see what his data up Mont Ventoux was 2 weeks before the tour started assuming.

My opinion is that the okes are still blood doping.... If done correctly how can you test for that??

I would also like to see that instead of the normal test the WADA or whatever the doping body is called perhaps rather do a red blood sell count every morning or something.

Note that I am note saying he is doping although I am very suspicious. You have to be very naïve not to be suspicious.

Also this whole bilharzia story seems to be an excuse for him not being able to perform previously... Very convenient for it to come out now before 2010's data is also released...........

Edited by Garfield2010

Obviously Sky will release selective data that have been "vetted" by their very own experts or they would not release anything at all.

I say release ALL data from training rides to the other 50 races that he has done in between. If you only release the data at the top of the doping cycle (if I may call it that) then it will look all the same. I want to see what his data up Mont Ventoux was 2 weeks before the tour started assuming.

My opinion is that the okes are still blood doping.... If done correctly how can you test for that??

I would also like to see that instead of the normal test the WADA or whatever the doping body is called perhaps rather do a red blood sell count every morning or something.

Note that I am note saying he is doping although I am very suspicious. You have to be very naïve not to be suspicious.

Also this whole bilharzia story seems to be an excuse for him not being able to perform previously... Very convenient for it to come out now before 2010's data is also released...........

They have released all data from 2011.

Check cyclingnews for the story.

They check for immature blood cell count, it's a very good indicator of blood doping.

Like I said, data is out there now.

Twist it whichever way you like to prove whatever you like.

Your suspicions and my naïveté are just that, suspicions and dreams, they mean nothing at all.

Except that a great champion in the making is being dirtied, not by Lance et al but by the likes of you and unsubstantiated accusation.

Edited by TZmtb

admin needs to dig up some lance threads from years back, same things being said and im talking about the defending of lance.....

They check for immature blood cell count, it's a very good indicator of blood doping.

Like I said, data is out there now.

Twist it whichever way you like to prove whatever you like.

Your suspicions and my naïveté are just that, suspicions and dreams, they mean nothing at all.

Except that a great champion in the making is being dirtied, not by Lance et al but by the likes of you and unsubstantiated accusation.

I am not claiming anything. I just have my suspicions. I once believed in the TDF. This belief was shattered by numerous doping scandals and the fact that more of the podium have tested positive than not in the last decade so in all honesty who can blame me for being "suspicious"?

You are naïve if you believe all is rosy. How many Festina affairs and other scandals will need to happen?

Will you still be here in a few years time when todays podium is also found out and banned? How many times do we need to hit our heads?

You shouldn't even be on this thread if you believe. Stay off it and enjoy your champion in the making.

Remember in this game there is no sitting on the fence. Every rider has to be fully committed to act as if he is clean or it wont work. That's why Lance lasted as long... So for a rider being outspoken about being "clean" means nothing.

Just my opinion.

I am not claiming anything. I just have my suspicions. I once believed in the TDF. This belief was shattered by numerous doping scandals and the fact that more of the podium have tested positive than not in the last decade so in all honesty who can blame me for being "suspicious"?

You are naïve if you believe all is rosy. How many Festina affairs and other scandals will need to happen?

Will you still be here in a few years time when todays podium is also found out and banned? How many times do we need to hit our heads?

You shouldn't even be on this thread if you believe. Stay off it and enjoy your champion in the making.

Remember in this game there is no sitting on the fence. Every rider has to be fully committed to act as if he is clean or it wont work. That's why Lance lasted as long... So for a rider being outspoken about being "clean" means nothing.

Just my opinion.

Is this thread a repository for smug pessimism alone? Or will you allow comments from those who don't feel as you do?

I stated that the data has been released. It has.

I stated that blood doping is fairly easily detectable. It is.

I offered my opinion, to which I am entitled, that your opinion is unfair.

Froome has only been as outspoken on being clean as the volume of accusation leveled at him.

Anyway, as you suggested, I am out of here to enjoy my sport and my champion and if he falls then life goes on.

If you truly have given up, on the other hand, and no longer can believe than maybe it is you who are wasting your time with pro cycling.

Is this thread a repository for smug pessimism alone? Or will you allow comments from those who don't feel as you do?

I stated that the data has been released. It has.

I stated that blood doping is fairly easily detectable. It is.

I offered my opinion, to which I am entitled, that your opinion is unfair.

Froome has only been as outspoken on being clean as the volume of accusation leveled at him.

Anyway, as you suggested, I am out of here to enjoy my sport and my champion and if he falls then life goes on.

If you truly have given up, on the other hand, and no longer can believe than maybe it is you who are wasting your time with pro cycling.

I have said before that the doping is as much part of the TDF as the bicycles they ride on. I enjoy it for what it is - entertainment in July every year. I like to think that at least the playing field is level :eek:

Not sure what you mean with the term "Pro Cycling".

I have not given up - in fact I have seen the truth after following this race for 15 years plus and reading around 25 books all about the TDF written by the sceptics as well as the riders.

A lot more money is spent on researching doping by the cheating doctors than on actual testing it so they will always be ahead of the testers (and always have been). This will not change soon.

I am convinced that many a rider will still test positive in years to come with these tests being run on historic blood samples.

Unfair opinion you say? Go check again the last decade of dopers in the TDF. Then also checkout and please advice me which was the last rider that both climbed like a Pantani and TT'ed like a Martin in the same race and did not test positive.

I was already sceptic last year when Sky's sprinter on the team (Edvald) rode off half the other team's leaders in the moutains.

Again just an opinion on this thread so no need to get aggressive. :thumbdown:

allow comments from those who don't feel as you do? - Comment all you want - I am not the one getting aggressive buddy

I stated that the data has been released. It has. - All of it? Like in all of it? Does this then above all prove he is clean in your informed opinion?

I stated that blood doping is fairly easily detectable. It is. - Really? How do you know what new methods the guys might be using? Dopers have always been ahead of the technology

I offered my opinion, to which I am entitled, that your opinion is unfair. - Thanks for deciding my opinion is unfair. I might not have all the recent facts but history proves my opinion might actually be correct in any case...

Froome has only been as outspoken on being clean as the volume of accusation leveled at him. - Again what choice does he really have??

If you truly have given up, on the other hand, and no longer can believe than maybe it is you who are wasting your time with pro cycling. - Enjoy "your sport". I am glad you still believe. Enjoy it while it lasts. I was there about 10 years back. Then I started reading those lies in the books and putting the puzzle together...

allow comments from those who don't feel as you do? - Comment all you want - I am not the one getting aggressive buddy

I stated that the data has been released. It has. - All of it? Like in all of it? Does this then above all prove he is clean in your informed opinion?

I stated that blood doping is fairly easily detectable. It is. - Really? How do you know what new methods the guys might be using? Dopers have always been ahead of the technology

I offered my opinion, to which I am entitled, that your opinion is unfair. - Thanks for deciding my opinion is unfair. I might not have all the recent facts but history proves my opinion might actually be correct in any case...

Froome has only been as outspoken on being clean as the volume of accusation leveled at him. - Again what choice does he really have??

If you truly have given up, on the other hand, and no longer can believe than maybe it is you who are wasting your time with pro cycling. - Enjoy "your sport". I am glad you still believe. Enjoy it while it lasts. I was there about 10 years back. Then I started reading those lies in the books and putting the puzzle together...

Garfield, the Secret Race, the death of Pantani, and others are on my kindle too.

I am sure that in the last ten years you have become a hardened cynic. Fair enough. Fuentes, Puerto, Lance, Festina, hell they have been doping since they thought chloroform and cocaine would help in 1957.

I do not blindly believe the peloton is clean, that would foolish.

But where was this single minded conviction of a race leader doping when Wiggo won? How about Cadel? No threads going Wiggo whooosh?

It must be because of Froomes obviously superior performance. If you look a little more carefully at that you will see that Alberto isn't at his best, neither is JRod or any of the others. Only one to come close on the climbs is Nairo and he hasn't earned a thread yet.

My point was that there has been unfair supposition (you say you aren't accusing but you are in other words) without any evidence whatsoever and then when evidence is released (as it was today) you would question. True to form, you did.

I will not analyze your post, argue or try to convince you further.

PS I think you know what I mean by Pro Cycling.

I have said before that the doping is as much part of the TDF as the bicycles they ride on. I enjoy it for what it is - entertainment in July every year. I like to think that at least the playing field is level :eek:

Not sure what you mean with the term "Pro Cycling".

I have not given up - in fact I have seen the truth after following this race for 15 years plus and reading around 25 books all about the TDF written by the sceptics as well as the riders.

A lot more money is spent on researching doping by the cheating doctors than on actual testing it so they will always be ahead of the testers (and always have been). This will not change soon.

I am convinced that many a rider will still test positive in years to come with these tests being run on historic blood samples.

Unfair opinion you say? Go check again the last decade of dopers in the TDF. Then also checkout and please advice me which was the last rider that both climbed like a Pantani and TT'ed like a Martin in the same race and did not test positive.

I was already sceptic last year when Sky's sprinter on the team (Edvald) rode off half the other team's leaders in the moutains.

Again just an opinion on this thread so no need to get aggressive. :thumbdown:

Have to add, was attempting spirited discourse, my apologies if I came across as aggressive. That wasn't my intention, sorry.

Have to add, was attempting spirited discourse, my apologies if I came across as aggressive. That wasn't my intention, sorry.

Nice touch.

This all happens while everytime Froome pulls on the golden fleece he shakes hands with "cycling royalty" of which (i stand to be corrected) all have been bust doping....

Now that was the worst piece of sportsmanship I've seen from Sky. I hope the Columbian rips them apart today and that van G takes the stage.

Now that was the worst piece of sportsmanship I've seen from Sky. I hope the Columbian rips them apart today and that van G takes the stage.

Definitely brought up a negative feeling for me too...

WIN AT ALL COST

I don't understand why we have this uncertainty when we know how to resolve it. Take Froome to Oprah now so we can hear the truth and move on. If he tells her he's clean the matter is closed.