[Event] Varsity College MTB Enduro (12hr,6hr And Team Relay)

Richard Beswick

Event Name: Varsity College MTB Enduro
When: 24 August 2013
Where: Avianto Clubhouse- Muldersdrift, Gauteng
Category: MTB

12hr, 6hr and Team relay event

Race in team or solo.

Team Relay

2 riders per team, compete a total of 45km, 15km course rider one does lap 1, rider 2 does lap 2 and both riders do lap 3 together crossing the line together on the third and final lap. Racing starts at 7h30

12hr and 6hr

Compete solo or in teams, lap relay style racing on a 8km circuit. Racing starts at 10am

Go to Event Page

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Skandalis

I'm aware of the mx and now mtb enduro term but we have always used it as a shortened form of endurance. maybe one day as enduro gets bigger we will have to change the name but for now im sure people can figure it out.

Event Name: Varsity College MTB Enduro (12hr,6hr And Team Relay)
When: 24 August 2013
Where: Avianto Clubhouse- Muldersdrift, Gauteng
Category: MTB

12hr, 6hr and Team relay event

Race in team or solo.

Team Relay

2 riders per team, compete a total of 45km, 15km course rider one does lap 1, rider 2 does lap 2 and both riders do lap 3 together crossing the line together on the third and final lap. Racing starts at 7h30

12hr and 6hr

Compete solo or in teams, lap relay style racing on a 8km circuit. Racing starts at 10am

Go to Event Page

Hi Skandalis

I'm aware of the mx and now mtb enduro term but we have always used it as a shortened form of endurance. maybe one day as enduro gets bigger we will have to change the name but for now im sure people can figure it out.

Just be careful that folk don't drive up from Kzn (or further) with their full faced helmets.

Might get awkward ;)

or maybe, we will just add in some form of typical

enduro racing to the event

Has Avianto got enough elevation to build a couple of Enduro descents? Probably need at least 2kms with 100m drop.

I've done the 12hr for the last two years. Excellent course and venue but the thunderstorms at around 19:30 play havoc. :)

yes, make the title 6/12 hour race. will be there for solo. sweet

half-hour race?

Seriously. Enduro suggests something completely different to this. Just call it the Varsity College 12 Hour Challenge.

I actually thought this was a proper Enduro race. Then I saw Avianto in the same sentence and it all became clear.