Stans Tire Sealant

SwissVan

Could not find a review of the stuff here and maybe its a bit late or so obviously good that it doesn't need a review. But I had a pleasant surprise from Mr Stans fluid which imho is worth mentioning.

THIS STUFF STOOD THE TEST OF TIME

I last put Stans fluid in my mtb wheels sometime last year (2012), not sure when exactly but it was definitely at least 9 months ago... Since then due to winter, holidays, injury, laziness ect... had no need to replace the fluid.

Last week got a quick albeit small puncture, back tire went flat in a few minutes from a small hole next to one of the center knobs while out riding. Because the sealant had been in for such a long time I did not expect it to work BUT gave it a shot of air from my one and only CO2 bomb and rotated the hole "optimistically" to the bottom.... lo and behold some fluid started coming out the hole...

Even though it did not seal initially (probably because there was not enough fluid left) I was impressed that there was enough left to seal the hole when the tire was allowed to stand still

Tire was still inflated last night

Well done Stans

Is there anything else?

Edit....and just in case...that question is rhetorical

Edited by Stretch

I have tried most of the other stuff out there and to me there is only STANS. Even if it costs the earth.

Stans - flipping awesome ....

I couldn't agree more, have use a couple of the competition products and will never use anything other than Stan's again, works first time every time. Yes it costs more( sometimes) but its worth every cent. I love the stuff.

Yup amazing stuff.... I saw it seal a sidewall cut on the Cullinan marathon

You should check / service / replace it once a year though.

Great!

I've also only had great experiences with Stan's. It always does what it claims and imho the best sealant on the market.

Geax is average compared to stans, only last about 3 months - just putting it out there.

Geax is average compared to stans, only last about 3 months - just putting it out there.

Agreed I also tried it

Does it work in road tubulars?

I have one that works in the 8-bar range, its thicker than stans but has last 8 months in my tubs so far.

Stans sometimes, cant stay sealed initially on the high road pressures.