Post your car p*rn

Behan

250kw isn't to shabby at all on a small car that's pretty light.

The E46 M3 had 250kw and was way heavier than this.That was a blast to drive

True, but the previous gen Supra was in the same fighting division as the R33 to R34 Skylines.

Everyone is going to expect this one to square up to the R35, but 250kw/500nm against 408kw/632 does not make an good comparison.

OK, the GTR is fairly heavy at 1740kg (1570 for Supra) is not a lightweight, but with a power to weight ratio of 235.9w/kg is not too shabby. If my calculations is correct, GR is only 159.24w/kg. That is a great deal less, but this car was surely not designed/built to compete with the R35, that is why Toyota built the LFA.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'll be proved wrong after all the tests are done - after all its very very very unlikely I'll ever get to drive one, but seeing what Nissan did with the Skyline follow-up, I think Toyota should have made something more exceptional seeing as these two are cut from the same cult cloth.

Edit: beat me to it!

Edited by CBlake

True, but the previous gen Supra was in the same fighting division as the R33 to R34 Skylines.

Everyone is going to expect this one to square up to the R35, but 250kw/500nm against 408kw/632 does not make an good comparison.

OK, the GTR is fairly heavy at 1740kg (1570 for Supra) is not a lightweight, but with a power to weight ratio of 235.9w/kg is not too shabby. If my calculations is correct, GR is only 159.24w/kg. That is a great deal less, but this car was surely not designed/built to compete with the R35, that is why Toyota built the LFA.

Must be honest i thought the new Supra would be in the same fighting weight as the GTR and was a little disappointed when is saw the figures and it's starting at $50k.

the 86 was aimed straight at the after market scene. They even said as much before its launch.

in some markets you could even get it with unpainted bumpers and basic steel wheels 

Read somewhere yesterday that Toyota said the same about the Supra.

Top-Secret-Toyota-Supra-with-a-twin-turb

:eek:

Its streamlined, airsmoothed nose looks quite different from a factory Supra’s smiling face, and beneath it we find a V12 originally housed in Toyota’s retro luxury limo, the Century. Upgraded from sump to heads and fitted with two turbochargers, it develops a claimed 705kW. All of which goes to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox. Wonder if it’s a handful?

In 2008, this Top Secret Supra hit a top speed of 385km/h on the constant curve of Nardo’s circular test track in southern Italy. Well, it did have nitrous oxide boost to help. Oh, did we not mention the nitrous? Yeah, this thing’s got the quintessential Fast and Furious key to speed. “Too soon, junior”.