Super 15 rugby

lone.*

and no discussion about the aus/nz unions wanting to have their own league....because SARU is so stubborn about wanting 6 teams......

SARU is loosing it Big Time. How the Hell do they want to Field 6 Teams?

The Cheeky factor, he wants his kuksleg team to play and will pull any political string he can find.

Yip, exactly. At the end of the day, Aussies and NZ are going to start their own leaque and we will just keep on falling behind. Just to Satisfy the Pukes.......

And whats gonna Happen? Younger Players are gonna leave to play overseas...

Yip, exactly. At the end of the day, Aussies and NZ are going to start their own leaque and we will just keep on falling behind. Just to Satisfy the Pukes.......

domestically Super rugby has done phenomenal things to SA Rugby...its kind of what SA cricket needed at a domestic level

Absolutely no discussion on the weekends rugby. Good one for the Lions?

I actually woudn't mind seeing the Kings get another crack at Super Rugby.

They'll need to lure some more talent to the franchise of course ...

SARU is loosing it Big Time. How the Hell do they want to Field 6 Teams?

Only New Zealand is able to field more competitive teams in my opinion.

SA and Aus are already stretched in terms of talent.

And what about stadium attendance.?

Saturday saw th Bulls in a semi final and stadium wasn't full.

What sort of support is a 6th team going to get. :whistling:

Yip, exactly. At the end of the day, Aussies and NZ are going to start their own leaque and we will just keep on falling behind.

Perhaps SARU are hoping to play Heineken Cup instead. :oops:

Perhaps SARU are hoping to play Heineken Cup instead. :oops:

even that would be great! there is talk of a measly SA/Arg league!.....all wild rumours at the moment...but rumours normally come from something

Only New Zealand is able to field more competitive teams in my opinion.

SA and Aus are already stretched in terms of talent.

And what about stadium attendance.?

Saturday saw th Bulls in a semi final and stadium wasn't full.

What sort of support is a 6th team going to get. :whistling:

Well one thing is for sure the Kings had better attendance in their first year than the Lions ever had.

Not saying that they should be there just saying they are putting bums on seats.

saw all the blue and thought bulls supporters only to realise they are empty seats.still shouted for the bulls as they are sa team.

Well one thing is for sure the Kings had better attendance in their first year than the Lions ever had.

Not saying that they should be there just saying they are putting bums on seats.

As for attendance the EP supporters were hungry for proper teams playing there, hence the huge support at home.

My opinion about SR. I think it had it support and with the current format which are more derby based. You should play all teams in the compitition and the 4 points for a bye is plain stupid. Should go back to S12 format. Increase the CC format to 8 again and the top 4 teams are in the SR, but you should field players from the bottom 4 sides in order to have 4 extremly compettive teams. There may some logistical problems but them we should see proper rugby again because it will be a case of force vs force.

The other option is to scrap SR and again play Springbok trials and every second year go on tour for 2 months or so, the other year it is home games. Pick a squad of 35 players and play your Wednesday matches and select a good team for test matches on a Saterday. Rugby will come to terms again as there will be not so much matches and we will see some good quality games.

I don't think the Aussies and NZ rugby unions would be able to host a successful tournament without SA rugby.

The rugby itself would be good, however financially i think it would be impossible

EP kings did better than i thought, they won without king puke playing. but we dont have 6 competitive teams in SA. sad but true.

This year we had 4 teams that was competitive, Stomers and sharkes struggled but came good towards the end.

in AUS only reds and brumbies where competitive

in NZ only highlanders where poor

BUT... the EP kings can't win the Lions!