2x10 XX and XO ring diffs?

kosmonooit

Anyone know off-hand the compatibility between the SRAM 2x10 XX and X0 cranksets in terms of 'spiders' and chain rings? Are they interchangeable?

Doing my 1st 2x10 build -decisions, decisions, decisions!

Also, what are your thoughts in terms of 170 vs 175mm crank length? I am thinking 170 might just make it easier on the climbs. I am going to need that on the 2x10.

Q Factor? 156 or 164? Its a 26" Flash frame that's going 650b, thinking of 26/39 rings.

BB30 or PressFit-30?

Please no suggestions of 1x11, not ready for that yet.

Edited by kosmonooit

I think XX and XO are interchangeable. might be wrong.

on my bike (26) I had a 28-42 with an 11-36. if you spend a lot of time in the granny on your triple crank the 26-39 might be better, but I honestly think it is not worth it.

Riding 26t with a 34t cassette now and when everything is worn out again i'll go back to the 28 crank combo.

Okay so XX is 120 and 80mm BCD Four Hole so any 10-speed chain rings with those specs will do, Doesnt look like there is a spider system on XX. But X0 has. Why?

Crankarm Length: torque is force x distance/radius, so for a given force (your foot on the pedal) more torque is result of a longer crank arm length, but a slightly greater pedalling circle (all of 10mm). Thus 'easier' up the hills? Thought "Compact" cranks was supposed to make pedalling easier... pffft.

Does it / will it really make a difference to a below average kippie such as myself, if I can get 170mm cranks for a 1/3 the price of 175? w.t.f.

Edited by kosmonooit

26"flash, is BB30 168, recommended.

28-42 on a 26 inch for the rings, on 11-36 cassette, going

The whole XX spider should be intercahangable to XO cranks, I havent checked I think it works.

Thanks Ken, going 650b on the Flash 26" frame but going to start the smaller chain rings and 11-36 Cassette is in the post. Been digging to solve the spider mysteries, info has not be forthcoming. Why is there a spider? Only reason I can think is to change chainrings quicker, one might have a spare with another set on with different ratios that you can change when you need to without have to fiddle with those bolts.

Seems PF30 and BB30 a matter of choice, What's the advantages of the PF30? have worked with BB30 on my Scalpel, that seems str8 forward.

Edited by kosmonooit

Chainrings are totally interchangeable...that said the xx chain rings are not that much more than xo so it is easier just to but those