Sram XX or X0

JackOfSpades

Mainly weight. I would go with a mix

X0 Derailuers

XX shifters

X0 Crank Set

X0 Cassette and X0 Chain

Maybe wait a bit and get SRAM X01

Generally the same mechanism, just different materials here and there like carbon, Ti. Mainly for weight reduction and bling (few grams here and there)

If I am "new" to 29 would it be better to go 2/10 or 3/10 or 1/11

2 X 10

11/36 cluster

39/26 chain rings

XO or X9 Type 2 rear Der.

Don't waste your time with normal rear der. Type 2 reduce/remove chainslap and chainsuck. I changed 2 months back and cannot believe the difference.

XO shifters, work the same and just as good as XX.

XO brakes but get the latest models with taper bore technology

XO cranks.

the only difference with XX is it's lighter but way more expensive.

Edited by madmarc

Dont waste your time with 3x10. 1x11 is definitely the way the market is heading but still expensive. If you watching budget go 2x10 otherwise your only consideration is whether you go 34 or 36 upfront on your 1x11.

Am I the only one who thinks that 3x10 is still a viable option? Honestly this market driven movement to ward fewer chain rings up front is a little unnecessary. 3x10 is extremely versatile with only a slight weight penalty.

Am I the only one who thinks that 3x10 is still a viable option? Honestly this market driven movement to ward fewer chain rings up front is a little unnecessary. 3x10 is extremely versatile with only a slight weight penalty.

I went 3x10 route recently for my Scalpel 650b which is really for mountainous marathons, great range but my only hassle is the front gears, being in the right ring at the right time, sometimes wont go to the granny under power, occasional dropped chain when shifting, although some tweaking of FD limit screws might help ...? Changed to Raceface chainrings.

I am going 2x10 XX for my Flash 650b, lets see how that goes. Otherwise been riding SRAM 3x9 for the last few years on various 26", also have that on my Prophet, no problems.

The xx chain rings are just way too sexy compared to the black xo...and only a couple of hundred bucks more expensive. Xx cluster is also incredible but ridiculous on price...even the xo is ridiculous price.. I bought x7 cassette but should have gone with Shimano slx or xt. As for the rest xx shifters and xo or xx rd.

Edited by Stretch