And the Hubs biggest loser is.....

Well done dude! I'm tipping the scales at 103 (down from 106) and plan to get to 95 by my birthday end september. Don't wanna go lower than that though. Maybe 90 at a stretch, but def not below that.

Well done again bro.

Thanks. My goal is also 90kg. Go for it and keep us updated at end September where you are. This adds a bit of pressure for you and will motivate you to get out there....

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Have you guys seen the "before" picture I posted. Haha thats funny hey (now it is not then). Motorists and other people were laughing at me when I first started. Yes I suppose it did look funny, this big man on a tiny 29er! Hows the loser now Sharlene!.

Off to Knysna Thursday. My son and I are going to to do a 50km on Thursday, a 80km on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. There are awesome dirtroads to cycle there.

When my son, Alex started cycling with me he stopped playing rugby. (he got concussed twice, broke his left femur as well so we had enough of that). His mates gave him lots of fleck about being a "sissy" but I would like to see them do a hard 80km ride on a bicycle. He came 1st in his age group over 8okm in the Knysna Oyster Festival race. Cycling as a recognised school sport in East London is a rumour. They are rugby mad down here.Nothing wrong with Rugby I may add but its not our practised sport anymore....

Milkworx, you can update that with the following too... 2003 I started out weighing 72kg and got down to 58kg by the end of that year. Simply eating healthily, cycling and running got me into shape.

I stayed there till a serious crash in 2006 and the weight crept up again :'(

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Have you guys seen the "before" picture I posted. Haha thats funny hey (now it is not then). Motorists and other people were laughing at me when I first started. Yes I suppose it did look funny, this big man on a tiny 29er! Hows the loser now Sharlene!.

Off to Knysna Thursday. My son and I are going to to do a 50km on Thursday, a 80km on Friday and Saturday and Sunday. There are awesome dirtroads to cycle there.

When my son, Alex started cycling with me he stopped playing rugby. (he got concussed twice, broke his left femur as well so we had enough of that). His mates gave him lots of fleck about being a "sissy" but I would like to see them do a hard 80km ride on a bicycle. He came 1st in his age group over 8okm in the Knysna Oyster Festival race. Cycling as a recognised school sport in East London is a rumour. They are rugby mad down here.Nothing wrong with Rugby I may add but its not our practised sport anymore....

What better way to spend a few quality hours - MT Biking with your boy! Can't wait for my kids to be old enough to join me.

Guest Frail4Life

Well Done all of You Loosers!

I stay a constant 75kg. I have been off the bike since March due to work. Very excited for the coming season.

Milkworx, you can update that with the following too... 2003 I started out weighing 72kg and got down to 58kg by the end of that year. Simply eating healthily, cycling and running got me into shape.

I stayed there till a serious crash in 2006 and the weight crept up again :'(

I did the Body for Life Challenge in 2003.Went from 96 to 70kg in 12 weeks.BF went from 36% to 4 % and put on 7 kg of muscle.

In 2007 I started puting weight on again but glad to be losing again.

Went from 147kg to 112kg in 2 year's. Lots of cycling.... Goal weight 95kg. Will get there eventually..

That's amazing Milkworx!

My student days (think beer, campus pies and more beer) were not kind to the bones and I realised it was time to get a grip (pun intended) when the scale toppled 108kg. I gradually started exercising again, drastically changed my diet and after just over two years I was at 80kg - my consistent weight for the past year now. Today I can't believe I was carrying close to 3 bags of dog food in weight along at some point!

Holy balls!

I weigh 70kg (I visited the mid 90's in my mid twenties but quit the sauce and now stay around a happy 70 in my 30's..)....

Gerhardt almost lost a whole ME!!

Well done guys.... Keep it up!

Archived