Too much coffee and red meat ..... ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check your sugar

He said he eats low carb, and symptoms don't sound like hyperglycaemia related.

Regarding the effect of coffee on sleeping:

Milk based coffee drinks like cappuccino and lattes will keep you awake much longer than clean espresso. The caffeine and milk combo causes the caffeine to stay in your system for about 4 hours, while the caffeine from a straight espresso will only effect you fir about an hour or so.

Filter coffee has a lot more caffeine than espresso based coffee. So avoid that after lunch.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Its been tough with the headaches and all as well as the 'red meat' withdrawal which is just mental ;)

The headaches stopped pretty quick just 2 or 3 days but were quite severe.

SLeeping way better, slept through the night the last 2 nights. Wake up pretty early say 5 but feel great. The tie pain has eased considerably but still there. Hoping that will also go eventually

OK, so you def have too much coffee, how much meat and what is you daily diet? I had similar trouble and lots of indigestion, figured out to be gluten. Might also be the milk in you coffee.

Edited by pastapouch

A 'normal' week day would be a bowl of muesli (Jungle nuts and bran) and a boiled egg (with a cup of rooibos tea), lunch tjoona and Provita or Tuc biscuits, supper Tjops/steak with some veg (peas/carrots type stuff). Occasionally chicken very rarely fish. Snacked on about 300g's of biltong most days (with some fat).

This week b/fast and lunch the same but have had either chicken or fish and 1 pork 'stew' type meal in the evenings.

On the weekend generally the lunchtime meals are often replaced with a salad (sometimes with meat) so will choose chicken from now on. Sometimes an omelette with bacon and mushroom.

I was having 2-3 cappuccinos a day and then another 2-3 normal cups of coffee ... now just Rooibos all day although I did have a decaf cappuccino at M&B with a work colleague on Wednesday morning.

But damn my sons girlfriends father gave me half a kilo of game drywors/biltong and it's killing me just sitting there. In fact I told my family last night to eat the damn stuff and get it finished ASAP :(

Are you getting enough water? Coffee dehydrates which can aggravate gout.

I was drinking lots of diet cold drinks but now drinking 1.5 litres of sparkling lemon flavoured water.

I guess it will take a little while still for this all to take effect. Just glad I'm sleeping better already :)

I know it sounds crazy, but have a cal c vita in the morning, and a citrusoda at night.

Your sore toes will be gone in a day, 2 max.

Then you can eat your biltong

I know it sounds crazy, but have a cal c vita in the morning, and a citrusoda at night.

Your sore toes will be gone in a day, 2 max.

Then you can eat your biltong

Damn Crisp why you no tell me before :cursing: - my family finished that biltong last night :( - I am disappoint ....

But thanks for the tip, we have Citrosoda so will take some for the next few nights and see how it goes :thumbup: - interesting my toes don't hurt when I am up and about on them, it was just at night, thankfully it has not been so sore it wakes me up the last few nights.

thats not too much coffee...I'd say kill the provitas and tucs for a week or so. That stuff s full of yeast, and rising agents and this and that. IMO stay away from processed stuff. replace with banana or other carb.

thats not too much coffee...I'd say kill the provitas and tucs for a week or so. That stuff s full of yeast, and rising agents and this and that. IMO stay away from processed stuff. replace with banana or other carb.

Tjoona and banana? Nooooooooo

With the changes I've already made it is improving so unless it still lingers I may not change anything else for a while?

I was drinking lots of diet cold drinks but now drinking 1.5 litres of sparkling lemon flavoured water.

I guess it will take a little while still for this all to take effect. Just glad I'm sleeping better already :)

Please check those diet drinks and flavoured water for Aspartame/Acesulphame K - they are closely associated with a number of disorders - including headaches and chest pain.

Some years ago I was experiencing chest pain, and my cardiologist made me stop all diet drinks, sweeteners etc - chest pain went away.... plenty of info about it on the web.

Not very healthy... and very far away from water, think almost just as bad as normal fizzy drinks, just because its see-thru doesn't mean its water.

The red meat is probably a red herring, maybe a clever spouse loading up the issues she wants you to change. If you had gout you would know it and it wouldnt go away by itself in any quiet way. /

Caffeine is the thing as everyone has said, and then stress/mind-spinning.

Me thinks you may have surmised correctly Taliban Pete :thumbup:

But ...... since I am definitely sleeping better I'll just hang in there for a while :blush: