swim sets

mon-goose

Gees those are some long sets. Do you do them in a 50m or 25m pool? I really get bored swimming that long. My goal at the moment is to just stay in the pool for the full hour.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my swim set:

8 x 50m

(400m total).

Lol, I do a bit longer than that. I try for 2km, would love to do more but I think I would need a bigger pool or swim in a dam otherwise I get too bored.

Does anyone use the underwater mp3 players? Do any of them work?

Huge respect!

+1 - that's amazing.

What do you mean by Free/Moderate?

+1 - could you edjukate us?

Lol, I do a bit longer than that. I try for 2km, would love to do more but I think I would need a bigger pool or swim in a dam otherwise I get too bored.

Does anyone use the underwater mp3 players? Do any of them work?

I'm aiming to make it to 2km over the next 2 weeks, need to get swimming fit fast... dunno if I'll manage. I've heard some good feedback on those underwater mp3 players that attach to your goggles, apparently works well - the sound is transmitted via your temples.

I'm aiming to make it to 2km over the next 2 weeks, need to get swimming fit fast... dunno if I'll manage. I've heard some good feedback on those underwater mp3 players that attach to your goggles, apparently works well - the sound is transmitted via your temples.

Yeah, I have seen them on the net. I really don't want to buy a set if I have seen how they work for real though. Or know of someone who uses them.

Some VA gyms have music in the pool

You got to be taking the piss right? How would that work?

Im being serious - speakers in the pool I suppose.

Im being serious - speakers in the pool I suppose.

So I looked it up, and it is possible. They do make speakers for pools. But the big question is which VA's have these. I have been to a few including some brand new clubs and there was no music. Its also not advertised on their site anywhere.

So I looked it up, and it is possible. They do make speakers for pools. But the big question is which VA's have these. I have been to a few including some brand new clubs and there was no music. Its also not advertised on their site anywhere.

I know the Century City one in Cape Town does as ive experience it first hand. Unfortunately my usual training spot (wembley/point/cbd) doesn't. I would assume most flagship clubs would have and probably the ones that have been built recently.

At the moment I'd love to do a 5km open water swim early next year January or February in the eikenhof dam in grabouw. That's my only goal at the moment. Maybe long term if I keep going and I can get used to cold water I might try the robben island swim

I have done some of the longer open water swims and Robben Island crossings and I never did the numbers you are hitting! But to add, I am more of a mid pack swimmer, you might be a top finisher with those distances :thumbup:

I've never been a strong swimmer, in fact I've only recently realised that I didn't need to only breath on every 2nd stroke :blush:,so I've been trying every 3rd and 4th stroke but seem to be more comfortable on 4.

Today's sets in a 25m pool were:

2 lap warm up, 10 laps break, 10 lap break, 20 lap break and lastly a 4 lap medley for shytes and giggles. :w00t:

I def need to get some coaching to improve my technique I think it will go a long way.

Yeah, I have seen them on the net. I really don't want to buy a set if I have seen how they work for real though. Or know of someone who uses them.

I bought a speedo mp3 player about a year and a bit ago for my wife on group on. I used it a few times and it was flippin awesome. Unfortunately she/we never used for about a year and when I tried it again, it was dead. wouldn't pick up on the pc. So I called group on, of course it just ran out of warranty, called speedo and they wouldn't touch it as it was a "grey" import :cursing: :thumbdown:

So ya maybe I just bought the odd lemon, but while it worked it was really good.

I bought a speedo mp3 player about a year and a bit ago for my wife on group on. I used it a few times and it was flippin awesome. Unfortunately she/we never used for about a year and when I tried it again, it was dead. wouldn't pick up on the pc. So I called group on, of course it just ran out of warranty, called speedo and they wouldn't touch it as it was a "grey" import :cursing: :thumbdown:

So ya maybe I just bought the odd lemon, but while it worked it was really good.

Thats good to know. Was it Aqua beat? That earphone system looks like it makes the most sense.

Yes it was the aqua beat, you've just got to watch the volume level on those, because it literally is in your ear you can't have it too loud.