Momsen vipa or pyga oneten29?

BrennonClevely

Nope. Newer trend is to DECREASE head tube angle and chain stay length. Decrease as on go to lower numbers. You see a lot more xc bikes coming out at 68/69 degrees whereas before they were solidly around the 71/72 mark.

Snap. Replied to Vader before I read the rest of the thread.

outch outch, I'd rather get a Pyga at that cost.

Bike thats awesome at 1 discipline and damm good at the others also, compared to fantastic at 1 discipline and no where on others.

G

R25k for the frame.

Edited by awesme

I'm currently waiting for my pyga frame but am starting to wonder if the vipa isn't another option?

Like CPT said they are two very different bikes. But to give sound advise we'd need to know where you ride, how you ride, what it is you enjoy doing on a bike and what your requirements are.

Not to point finger, but this Rookie is gonna have one awesome bike.

G

Edited by awesme

Guest Latent Blue

The VIPA isnt a sh*tty bike... so I think for someone that doesnt want to race he can buy pretty much anything that tickles him... Allthough it might not be ideal...

Id love to have a VIPA even though I suck at MTBing...

Id love to have a Pyga also even though I suck at MTBing...

The VIPA isnt a sh*tty bike... so I think for someone that doesnt want to race he can buy pretty much anything that tickles him... Allthough it might not be ideal...

Id love to have a VIPA even though I suck at MTBing...

Id love to have a Pyga also even though I suck at MTBing...

Yeah, sorta dude. Except I wouldn't recommend a race bike to someone who doesn't race for a living. Far more twitchy, not as versatile and therefore not as "fun" 'cos you can't use it as much as you could another, more well suited bike.

But that's just me. If you're pootling around, then go for something more comfortable, more versatile and more capable. If you're ONLY going to be racing, then go for the one that's built around that. But don't complain when you find out that it's a mono-use jobbie, and only good for one aspect.

Guest Latent Blue

Yeah, sorta dude. Except I wouldn't recommend a race bike to someone who doesn't race for a living. Far more twitchy, not as versatile and therefore not as "fun" 'cos you can't use it as much as you could another, more well suited bike.

But that's just me. If you're pootling around, then go for something more comfortable, more versatile and more capable. If you're ONLY going to be racing, then go for the one that's built around that. But don't complain when you find out that it's a mono-use jobbie, and only good for one aspect.

Thats why I prefer to ride (read fall) my rocky mountain fusion 29... comfy