Is my cycling too much

Zatek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True words which I generally relate to dronk verdriet people, meaning the song. Didn't seem to help him much. The Supermodel still divorced him...

aren't you thinking of 'the piano man'?

Well I ride 3 times a week for a bit more time than you and I have worse seeding but I only weigh 75kg. i have no issues with my wife so clearly the problem is not the riding or your performance. You're just too fat! :P

That one too. Both depro songs, at the best of times, despite Joel's genius Brinkley still left..

Guest Latent Blue

The symptomes of cycling too much is permanent disability and even death in some instances... trust me you are safe...

We have a good arrangement at home. My training during the week has to either be before work or after our son is asleep. How, when, where how long I ride/train is my problem. That works for me. I usually know about weekend ride/s the Monday before the time. I discuss it with her, and give an estimate of how long I will be out. Under normal circumstances this means that on a good week I can get an averge of 4 hours in. During the week, I make sure I play my part in the house. Help with dinner and in kitchen when done, get our son ready for bed etc. And after a weekend ride, I normally have to dash through the shower as itis then her turn to do whatever and I want to go with.

It's already been mentioned in this thread, BUT:

1. Look at your non-cycling time at home and your relationship with your wife.
  2. Decide based on above if she has reason or not
  3. Sit down with her and discuss.
  4. Make an effort to make her feel special each day, it doesnt have to be big, even something simple as making her coffee in the morning or getting her a packet of Jelly Tots while she is reading at night will do.
  5. Make her aware of some events/races that will require more effort from your side.

It might sound like effort, but its not, even if you werent cycling, it is needed for a healthy relationship and marriage. and if you really put in some effort, it can even get you more riding time than just 3 hours a week. My wife has NO interest in mtb'ing whatsoever, but I get my time to ride, she buys me bike stuff and supports and understand if I have to put in more time on a weekend ride. But I make sure I do enough during non-riding time to make up for that.

Dude - as far as my experience goes, the wife will always have issue with your cycling. Its a fact of life, like the sun rising and the sky being blue.

Dude - as far as my experience goes, the wife will always have issue with your cycling. Its a fact of life, like the sun rising and the sky being blue.

hey do you know my wife too?

Just joking, but some people are like that, where they

are overboard controlling and if that is the case then

sorry bud, make your choice and then forever stand by it.

wife or life!

Edited by ScottC-M

The "moaning wife club" gathers every Saturday morning at 7h00 at your local library- if your wife is interested :clap:

Easiest way to resolve wife cycling problems....

Get your wife into cycling. Get you kid into cycling. Go away for cycling weekends. Pimp your wifes bike. Pimp your kids bike.

Get family and friends to join you on weekend rides. (If you need distance, wake up early and meet them at the venue by cycling there), do a slow ride with them, then cycle home again, and give it horns.

Unless this is a troll post with a boast ....

Guest Latent Blue
What ever you do, do not take up fishing. Your wife will divorce you.

I cycle and fish:blink: