Is my cycling too much

Zatek

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Latent Blue

I am at my tipping point. My wife say I cycle too much. I cycle 1 hour twice during the week and 1 weekend ride early in the morning. Keep in mind my seeding is below 20 and I finish races under 3 hours and I weight 98kg.

You dont cycle nearly enough!!!

If you cycled more than 3hours a day I'll understand it!

She should be happy and proud of you that you are cycling and looking after your health and not sitting in front of the TV drinking beer all day!!!

Guest Latent Blue

You get 2 kinds of good cyclists ~ those that are divorced and those in process of being divorced :-)

Universal problem mate

If I cycle, I'm happy... If I'm happy, my wife is happy!

If it's been a while that I havn't cycled, she'll always encourage me to take a spin!

Be honest, you just want us to post these comments, and for you to show her later and tell her, "I told you so". I must say,very clever of you.I never thought of that. Shall use in the future as my MAN CARD. :)

You must really be a great guy that she wants you around more, most of my mates love it when their husbands are out of their hair for a couple of hours a week!

There are many 'cyclists' widows' around.

By her flowers and diamonds and that favourite restaurant experience.

Spoil her

Thank her for supporting your cycling.

I am at my tipping point. My wife say I cycle too much. I cycle 1 hour twice during the week and 1 weekend ride early in the morning. Keep in mind my seeding is below 20 and I finish races under 3 hours and I weight 98kg.

This post tells us more (unnecessary) info about your weight and performance than it does about your wife and relationship with her.

So that might indicate that you're not thinking of her, you just want reassurance that you're 'right" - that would be worth thinking about.

I thought Uni and nsBigBen's comments were great.

I just got back after 8hr trip to Carousel, wife and youngest seem happy to see me - i weigh 90ish kgs.

This post tells us more (unnecessary) info about your weight and performance than it does about your wife and relationship with her.

So that might indicate that you're not thinking of her, you just want reassurance that you're 'right" - that would be worth thinking about.

I thought Uni and nsBigBen's comments were great.

I just got back after 8hr trip to Carousel, wife and youngest seem happy to see me - i weigh 90ish kgs.

Yes Joe but what is your seeding???

Yes Joe but what is your seeding???

I like you, you're funny. And you ask the right questions at the right time - Carousel is a seeding-wank so I too am officially under 20 now for the 1st time in a while.

What is this "wife" thing you talk of? Some of my other friends complain about theirs too. As I said to them.... Just change the settings in the hard drive and re-boot....

Unless you're in a relationship with someone that is not into endurance sports, you won't get it, man...

Quit cycling and take up golf... then she'll welcome your bike back with open arms.

You must really be a great guy that she wants you around more, most of my mates love it when their husbands are out of their hair for a couple of hours a week!

Ha, Ha, yeah, my cycle rides are too short for my wife's liking, she much prefer it when I disappear for the day on the golf course, although I have been told if I bring home another branded rain umbrella or cheap pop up toaster I won I will be in serious trouble. :D

3 hours a week is way too little time on your bike! You will find you will improve in leaps and bounds when you regularly spend more than 2hrs per ride! The big question is what do you do pre and post ride?

Ha, Ha, yeah, my cycle rides are too short for my wife's liking, she much prefer it when I disappear for the day on the golf course, although I have been told if I bring home another branded rain umbrella or cheap pop up toaster I won I will be in serious trouble. :D

Never mind those ghastly cheap branded champagne glasses..............

Never mind those ghastly cheap branded champagne glasses..............

Ah, Hah, ........you and my wife would get along just great..............I always felt you can never have too many estate agent branded wine or champagne glasses around,............ :lol: