3M chopper blade tape

FCH

Hey guys, have any of you used blade tape on your frames, or know where to get hold of small quantities- not keen to buy an entire roll at its going rate.

You can try ebay there tends to be shorter bits quite often - not too badly priced but the stuff is not cheap

Not sure where you are (viewing via my cell), but on ct Action cycles sell a meter for R60.00

http://frameskin.com.au/

There are even custom cut kits for bikes.

If you just need a section, this might be overkill.

I recently ordered a frame-set of skins, and had it on my doorstep in 8 days.

Now just waiting for my bike from respray and touch-up, and then to fit the stuff...

.I obtained some from Maisey Plastic and they assured me it is what is used on choppers. Did my touring bike with it. Was about R30/m if I remember correctly and this leaves some spare.

Damn difficult to apply to a rounded surface though. Clean hands required and patience.

A vinyl squeegee and a heat gun/hair dryer will make that stuff wrap around any corner or bend. A nice sharp blade is also needed.

Thanks guys will follow up on a few leads, the cheapest I got so far was R150 pm, but that is the heavy duty 3M tape manufactured for choppers specifically.... Probably overkill! Want to run the down tube of mtb, will do normal protectors on rear triangle. Not looking forward to the "steady hand application though"

Why not just go to a graphics company that logos/wraps vehicles - they always have offcuts - and relatively speaking it is easy to put on, and dead cheap compared to chopper blade tape.