From One Second to the Next - It can wait

Stretch

For me, there is nothing worse than people behind the wheel on FB, SMS'ing, Tweeting etc. O and women doing their makeup on the way to work :cursing:

Everyone thinks they are in control while texting..quick glance up or a quick glance down, but in reality we know different. It is getting out of control now seeing what i see on the roads now. Almost every second person has their phone in their hand. I have made a concerted effort to avoid all texts/whats apps etc while driving. As the message says - how important is it really

This is an absolute scurge!!

I have to constantly / consientiously remind myself NOT TO GRAB the phone and quickly look at the message - especially since i'm in a lift club with several kids who chop & change their lifting requirements....

I have to agree to anextend...this "new" mobile phone trend is probably worse than driving with two beers under te belt!!

For me, there is nothing worse than people behind the wheel on FB, SMS'ing, Tweeting etc. O and women doing their makeup on the way to work :cursing:

Or hubbing?

• 1 month later...

New York has resorted to "text stops" to remind people to not text and drive but rather stop at a designated spot and do it. How many people do it is one thing...but at least they are being proactive

http://editorial.designtaxi.com/news-nytextzones2509/1.jpeg

New York has resorted to "text stops" to remind people to not text and drive but rather stop at a designated spot and do it. How many people do it is one thing...but at least they are being proactive

I agree, people will continue to text and drive, thats just the way it is, at least be proactive and make a space available to stop. I like it and I think it will work. Wonder if its in other states as well.?

I like it because it's at least a reminder that you should not be doing it..just in New York at the moment I think

• 8 months later...

it should be a simple application installed in cars,

no phone can operate behind a steering wheel.

A range frequency to block the signal and only calls come through on Bluetooth.

Same as drinking and driving,

a sensor can be put in place and does not allow the vehicle to start if it can pick up alcohol.

Surely some IT geek can do these types of programs.

In Southern Africa?! :eek: Hijackers will have a field day !! :clap:

it should be a simple application installed in cars,

no phone can operate behind a steering wheel.

A range frequency to block the signal and only calls come through on Bluetooth.

Same as drinking and driving,

a sensor can be put in place and does not allow the vehicle to start if it can pick up alcohol.

Surely some IT geek can do these types of programs.

what about your pissed mate in the passenger seat :D

what about your pissed mate in the passenger seat :D

Haha,

It would obviously need a proximity sensor.

Thinking along the lines of the Volvo that can sense when you are tired.

Haha,

It would obviously need a proximity sensor.

Thinking along the lines of the Volvo that can sense when you are tired.

Those fatigue meters can be a real pain . You actually get people that was born looking tired !!

Those fatigue meters can be a real pain . You actually get people that was born looking tired !!

nah...thats just cos they driving a volvo