Dangerous Logs out on Table Mountain

gminator

This is the second time this week that I've nearly seriously injured my self due to large logs suspiciously place across the Table Mountain trails.

The first was Monday, placed on the single track come out of the enterance of Deer Park

And the second one took out my tire this evening comming downhill from the big tree at Table mountain road just after the river before the old quarry turn off. Neatly place arround on of the bends! A nice tear right down the side wall

Is this sort of damage reparable or Im gona have to fork a couple of half a grand for a new tire, its tubless Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires.

http://gilaoss.co.za/images/IMG_4849.JPG

http://gilaoss.co.za/images/IMG_4854.JPG

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance it could be trail builders, trying to keep riders off newly built track, which needs to settle? But the positioning of logs makes it sound more like bike jackers or grumpy hikers

I don't know if it was jackers but in both cases it was neatly placed clean stumps, I highly doubt it fell off a tree... it had to be placed there by someone, was riding at night though so there was no one in sight...

I ggot the bike with these tires, anyone know where I can old of them and how they cost

Not jackers. Definitely dog people then. We have issues with them often around Deer Park. One day I am going to pick up te dog shite that litters the place and dump it on their cars!

It's been happening more and more often lately. Pm Kandui and Pain or Shine with any details you can remember as well as pics of the sites (if you can)

Generally dog walkers who have a long history of not having access to certain areas like Tokai etc and trying to "claim" certain areas for themselves.

I've come across this in the past I think another hubber got injured bailing out on the same stretch of single track due to logs. be it dog walkers or jackers these people seem to be oblivious to the damage they cause, as swipes!

are kandui, pain and shine on some kind of commity?

Edited by gminator

Try and find culprits. But both bikers and dog walkers should try to live in harmony.

Together as a team , each can provide back up in the case of criminals around. Rather fight criminals than one another.

It may come as a shock, but have I been prive to crime stats in parks, trails and hiking areas in well known areas in Sa and its truly shocking!

Murders , rapes, violet assault , armed robbery and property vanderlisim ref Cars parked damaged or burgled

The good news is private enterprise are putting a plan together to help. We all know we can't rely on the moungrels in government to do anything, but steal.

Edited by Mtblife

I've come across this in the past I think another hubber got injured bailing out on the same stretch of single track due to logs. be it dog walkers or jackers these people seem to be oblivious to the damage they cause, as swipes!

are kandui, pain and shine on some kind of commity?

Kandui is Rob from Table Mountain Bikers. There is a specific TMB forum on TheHub

will pm them the details. could a really injured my self at the speed I was comming down at, but if I'm honest I would rather take some bumps and bruises than damage to bike :(

What happened to the camera that got setup to catch these fools? There is another thread somewhere about this.

Re. The tire, times are tough & if that was me I would stitch that tire. Find one of those street shoe repair dudes in town, they'll do a decent job & with some sealant you'll get another 4000km from it.

Kandui is Rob from Table Mountain Bikers. There is a specific TMB forum on TheHub

Yip I fell flat on my face down Dick's Drop 2 due to these shenanigans.

Kandui can check on "the technology" rather him say than me.

He(we) nearly got shots of the culprit om the trail NicoBoshof had he's fall

Edited by Meezo