MotoGP

SeaBee

Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS MotoGP rider Jack Miller will miss the upcoming Japanese GP after breaking his leg on Friday. The Queenslander was training on a trials bike near his European base in Andorra and fractured the top of the tibia when he put his right foot down to save a slow speed front-end crash.

Miller already has some mobility in the injured leg, but will head back to Andorra today to start an intense program of physiotherapy designed to get him back on the bike for the Australian Grand Prix, which takes place at Phillip Island in just over two weeks time.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/10/02/training-accident-rules-miller-out-of-motegi/241428

Let's see if he gets the same praise for getting back that quickly...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this on Facebook, made some sense.

"Most Rossi fans have been supporting Rossi since 1996 or 2000.

Most Marquez and Lorenzo fans use to support Stoner back in 2012, and before that possibly Gibernau in 2006 or Biaggi in 2005, and before that possibly Mick Doohan in 1999. Or any other 5 riders in the over 2 decades Rossi has been racing.

Most Rossi fans have been supporting the same racer for over 2 decades while most other fans have supported 3, 4 or even 5 different riders in the same time frame!

Rossi hasn't won a Championship since 2009 but true fans are still supporting him."

Was a great race, those guys got gonads made out of gold plated titanium. Was an epic battle for the win.  :clap:

it's with great sadness that I must concede, and admit that Rossi is not the force he used to be. There is still the occasional great performance in him, but not of the consistency that is required to be a title contender.  So I will not hold it against him if he announces an "early" retirement. Zarco will be a good replacement for him.

There is still the occasional great performance in him, but not of the consistency that is required to be a title contender.  

Sounds like all the Yamaha riders, maybe its the bike? Can't be... :whistling:

Sounds like all the Yamaha riders, maybe its the bike? Can't be... :whistling:

The commentators kept on harping about the handling problems of the Yammies (inability to put power to the ground) 

Now that is a strange, as the Yammies of old was always known for their excellent handling. 

Saw this on Facebook, made some sense.

"Most Rossi fans have been supporting Rossi since 1996 or 2000.

Most Marquez and Lorenzo fans use to support Stoner back in 2012, and before that possibly Gibernau in 2006 or Biaggi in 2005, and before that possibly Mick Doohan in 1999. Or any other 5 riders in the over 2 decades Rossi has been racing.

Most Rossi fans have been supporting the same racer for over 2 decades while most other fans have supported 3, 4 or even 5 different riders in the same time frame!

Rossi hasn't won a Championship since 2009 but true fans are still supporting him."

I suppose you could just as easily say that most Rossi fans were Hailwood, Gardener, Lawson fans, etc, etc.

Should one stop watching or choosing a new rider when your favourite retires?

Not sure I understand the articles conclusion?

Riders move on and so you find one you like, either from their riding style, nationality or something as simple as their helmet design. Times move on and you have to move with them, what other choice do you have..........

I suppose you could just as easily say that most Rossi fans were Hailwood, Gardener, Lawson fans, etc, etc.

Should one stop watching or choosing a new rider when your favourite retires?

Not sure I understand the articles conclusion?

Riders move on and so you find one you like, either from their riding style, nationality or something as simple as their helmet design. Times move on and you have to move with them, what other choice do you have..........

No it's not an attack on those supporting the other riders. It's just a different perspective on those who support him that I thought I would share, because I have been supporting him since 1997 and have just never thought of it like this. So when you debate/argue/discuss things about Rossi with Rossi supporters, it would be silly to liken their support of him with that of your support of the other guys, just because of the difference in time etc.

Not everything is an attack dude :)

Edited by Patchelicious

What’s it really like to work with Valentino Rossi?

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/whats-it-really-like-to-work-with-valentino-rossi-967102/

"What is it that makes Valentino different to the rest?

If you mean why is he so good, I suspect it’s like buying a computer; some are just faster than others, some have bigger CPUs and more memory. He is the equivalent to the fastest computer that you can buy that keeps regenerating!

If you mean something that you can see or understand it’s this: his love for the sport. I mean everything about it, not just riding. He enjoys seeing the young riders win, he enjoys helping them. He has finished races where he has not won, but loved the race so much he can’t hide it."

What a cracker of a race this morning. 

The "old Man" showed the whippersnappers that he still has a lot of fight left in him.

It was only once he, Zarco and Vinales started tripping each other up, that MM got some daylight between them.

How close was some of those passes? MM left some of his front tire on the shoulder of Rossi, and there was no animosity at the end.

Rossi says the guys were crazy, and he had to become stupid to mix it up with them.

Edited by Wannabe

The "old Man" showed the whippersnappers that he still has a lot of fight left in him.

He was mathematically out of the championship last race, why is he messing around Marquez and Vinales' chances?

Edited by bertusras