MotoGP

SeaBee

VR46 , time to think about a retirement package and let us remember you for all the right reasons 

Comments like this always have me chuckling... currently 5th in the championship but needs to retire... go figure :whistling: 

Same could be said for Jarvis except he goes and wins Erzberg yesterday at 44yrs old?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make no mistake I love Rossi and all he has achieved , and done to make MotoGP mainstream .

However , he hasn't won in a very long time , and his last championship was 2009 .

Many top athletes retire at the top of their game (CS27) and many carry on for maybe 1 or 2 years too many ..... Rossi is edging towards the latter .....

Colin Edwards said 0.1 of a second per year  slower from about age 33 onwards .

I am certainly not comparing Rossi/Edwards , just mentioning that maybe Father Time IS starting to have an adverse effect on VR46 !!

Same could be said for Jarvis except he goes and wins Erzberg yesterday at 44yrs old?

Think you comparing apples with lemons here !! 

I never said I didn't think he could still win , but it is highly unlikely , and he has 0% chance of winning this championship this year . 

Think you comparing apples with lemons here !! 

I never said I didn't think he could still win , but it is highly unlikely , and he has 0% chance of winning this championship this year . 

So does anyone else except MM93. That does'nt stop the rest from trying, though.

1 Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 115 2 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 103 3 Alex RINS Suzuki SPA 88 4 Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 82 5 Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 72 6 Jack MILLER Ducati AUS 42 7 Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 42 8 Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA 40 9 Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN 40 10 Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA 38

Make no mistake I love Rossi and all he has achieved , and done to make MotoGP mainstream .

However , he hasn't won in a very long time , and his last championship was 2009 .

Many top athletes retire at the top of their game (CS27) and many carry on for maybe 1 or 2 years too many ..... Rossi is edging towards the latter .....

Colin Edwards said 0.1 of a second per year  slower from about age 33 onwards .

I am certainly not comparing Rossi/Edwards , just mentioning that maybe Father Time IS starting to have an adverse effect on VR46 !!

And? He's still top performing Yamaha, and can still mix it with the top top okes when top speed isn't everything. But, unfortunately, the Yam is kaaaak at top speed to such an effect that it's harming their chances in fighting for the podium consistently.

Over it? Definitely not. Who cares when he last won a championship - his team roster since then hasn't been the greatest, either. 

Developed Honda to the best on the circuit. 

Went to Yam, turned IT into the best on the track

Went to a Duc that was continually declining in performance (yes, the CS bike that even he said was getting slower and duc wasn't listening to him) where he was ignored ito development (well documented)

Went back to Yam where there was a new nr1 rider, and all effort was going towards developing the bike in that direction 

He and the rest of the Yam riders have had a long history of criticising the Yam's power and tyre management. They've just got the latter sorted partially, but now they're 22kph down on top end. That's MASSIVE. And yet, he's still there. Top Yam. 

Yeah, he's past it, alright. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe nothing said here about THE crash.

Anyway, great to see Cal's sense of humour again, on IG, he said at least nobody would be talking about his crash for once. :clap:

What’s there to say. JL has been a twat for ages, he just proved once again that he is one, even with his booster seat he still twatted it. But you can’t say anything bad here about Wet Blanket without “fans” getting triggered.

Anyway, great to see Cal's sense of humour again, on IG, he said at least nobody would be talking about his crash for once. :clap:

People don’t talk about his crashes in any case.

Now he is resorting to using other people’s crashes for attention.

What’s there to say. JL has been a twat for ages, he just proved once again that he is one, even with his booster seat he still twatted it. But you can’t say anything bad here about Wet Blanket without “fans” getting triggered.

Proper rookie error.

Proper rookie error.

He’s not a rookie, he is an over the hill, under performing moaner who is just cracking under the pressure. Not even his squid headed tank helped.

Colin Edwards said 0.1 of a second per year slower from about age 33 onwards .

Ja but look at piece of poop yamahahaha he has to race with

Shoulda stayed with BIG RED

Either of them.....

First time ever that I stopped watching MotoGP mid race and went to play golf instead

Patch, im liking you more and more...????

Surprised nobody has put on their conspiracy theorists tin foil hat and said it was all planned by HRC on his Japanese trip, to help Marc..............

Marc rode a flawless race, with his consistency it was always going to be his race once he got past road-block Dovi.