MotoGP

SeaBee

...and Aragon. 

Unreal stat, saw that when they highlighted it last year, and even when he wasn't competitive as the previous years, he still smoked in the States. 

Weren't those 10 wins not in MotoGP only? AFAIK he's unbeaten there in any class. But will go verify that later.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...and Aragon. 

Unreal stat, saw that when they highlighted it last year, and even when he wasn't competitive as the previous years, he still smoked in the States. 

Weren't those 10 wins not in MotoGP only? AFAIK he's unbeaten there in any class. But will go verify that later.

It's 10x MotoGP wins in America on the trot (as in since he climbed aboard the Honda in 2013, 4x COTA, 3x Indy, 3x Laguna). He also won his two Moto2 races in Indianapolis.

I'm not convinced. Marquez has been the difference so far. Yes, the Honda has been improved, no doubt, but the Yamaha is still the most complete bike on the grid.

Also, this is a really interesting read regarding Honda's new counter-rotating crankshaft and what impact reversing the rotation had on the power of the Honda (and it is quite noticeable)

So theoretically at Mugello they will struggle with the long straight and their straight line speed. 375km/hr from Ducati???.

Vinales saying that CoTA was easier because there are only 2 really hard braking and change of directions. So possibly the effect is less there?

Jerez is a Lorenzo stomping ground o I think we should see him rise up again. If he does announce the Duke deal that will be an extra weight off his shoulders too.

So theoretically at Mugello they will struggle with the long straight and their straight line speed. 375km/hr from Ducati???.

Vinales saying that CoTA was easier because there are only 2 really hard braking and change of directions. So possibly the effect is less there?

Jerez is a Lorenzo stomping ground o I think we should see him rise up again. If he does announce the Duke deal that will be an extra weight off his shoulders too.

From what I've read Honda struggles with acceleration in 3/4/5 gears. COTA has two real hard acceleration points, out of T11 and out of T20. Changing the crank rotation solved last years issues which had the bike first spinning, and when it gripped, wheelying. So they mitigated that issue, but because they've lost that couple of ponies they're struggling in the taller gears to keep up. Also, if the winglets theory holds true, the slipstream isn't as smooth thus they lose out following the Dukes (which just walk away from everything in any case) and to some extent, the M1's.

As for Mugello, I think 375 is a bit high, but we'll be in the mid-high 360's I'm sure.

The way Lorenzo crushed everyone last year at Jerez-LeMans-Mugello-Catalunya was phenomenal and we'll see some shakeups still to come. Marquez hasn't crashed out of a race yet, and only a fool would bet against it happening at some point. But that's been the difference and that's why he's been good. He's been crashing in practice, finding the limit then, not in the race.

From what I've read Honda struggles with acceleration in 3/4/5 gears. COTA has two real hard acceleration points, out of T11 and out of T20. Changing the crank rotation solved last years issues which had the bike first spinning, and when it gripped, wheelying. So they mitigated that issue, but because they've lost that couple of ponies they're struggling in the taller gears to keep up. Also, if the winglets theory holds true, the slipstream isn't as smooth thus they lose out following the Dukes (which just walk away from everything in any case) and to some extent, the M1's.

As for Mugello, I think 375 is a bit high, but we'll be in the mid-high 360's I'm sure.

The way Lorenzo crushed everyone last year at Jerez-LeMans-Mugello-Catalunya was phenomenal and we'll see some shakeups still to come. Marquez hasn't crashed out of a race yet, and only a fool would bet against it happening at some point. But that's been the difference and that's why he's been good. He's been crashing in practice, finding the limit then, not in the race.

Thats the difference between a fast rider and a champion.

If he doesnt crash in races, I find it hard to see him not winning the Champs. Like his smug brat face or not, he is quick.

Side note, 360-370kph JEEEEEEZUZ!! I have been over 300 once and I pooped myself! Hitting the brake marker at 270 down Killarney back straight was already "fun", imagine doing it at 100kph EXTRA... holy moly.

Thats the difference between a fast rider and a champion.

If he doesnt crash in races, I find it hard to see him not winning the Champs. Like his smug brat face or not, he is quick.

Side note, 360-370kph JEEEEEEZUZ!! I have been over 300 once and I pooped myself! Hitting the brake marker at 270 down Killarney back straight was already "fun", imagine doing it at 100kph EXTRA... holy moly.

Remember MM's 300kph+ hop off at Mugello. Scary stuff!!!!

Remember MM's 300kph+ hop off at Mugello. Scary stuff!!!!

I was fortunate enough to be there .

Didn't see the actual crash , but saw him once he stood up ( wobbled ).

Then saw him when he left the clinica Mobil... He looked shaken .

The speed at the end of the straight in Mugello is UNBELIEVABLE .

You gotta be there to experience it .... Awesome it was !!

I was fortunate enough to be there .

Didn't see the actual crash , but saw him once he stood up ( wobbled ).

Then saw him when he left the clinica Mobil... He looked shaken .

The speed at the end of the straight in Mugello is UNBELIEVABLE .

You gotta be there to experience it .... Awesome it was !!

This can't even come close to what the actual experience is, but it gives you some perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/ridersdiscount/videos/vb.193355556177/10154173844426178/?type=2&theater

This is news to me!

Viñales Splits with Manager, May Not Secure Yamaha Contract

After the test, news emerged which could affect the future of Maverick Viñales. The Spanish youngster had split with his former manager Aki Ajo, and switched to Paco Sanchez, who used to handle Pol Espargaro.

It could be a relatively expensive affair: sources suggest that Viñales will have to pay a penalty of 25% of his agent’s fee to Ajo for breaking the contract.

The news that Viñales was splitting from his manager saw a line of rider managers hovering around the Suzuki garage.

In the end, Viñales elected to have Sanchez handle the legal side of his contracts, while keeping the contract negotiations in his own hands. Given the pressure of racing in MotoGP, that may not be the best possible solution.

Viñales’ new manager may not be able to get him much in the way of a new ride, however. Though reports on Motorsport.com suggest that Viñales currently only has an offer on the table from Suzuki, he may not have much choice in the matter.

According to Speedweek – a German-language website with close ties to Aki Ajo – the contract Viñales has with Suzuki has a stipulation that Suzuki can extend the contract for another year if Viñales gets on the podium in 2016. Given Viñales’ strong form so far this year, that seems increasingly likely.

That would leave Yamaha with a problem. The Movistar Yamaha team are pushing to sign Viñales to replace the departing Jorge Lorenzo, but if Viñales scores a podium, they would not have the option of the Spaniard.

Suggestions that Viñales would deliberately miss out on a podium to secure a Yamaha ride are frankly laughable, wildly underestimating the ambition and hunger for success that all young riders have.

If Yamaha cannot secure the services of Viñales, then they may offer another rider a one-year contract, as a stop-gap for when Viñales does become available.

Valentino Rossi suggested that either Andrea Iannone or Dani Pedrosa could take the place of Lorenzo, though how willing Yamaha would be to allow Rossi to choose Lorenzo’s successor remains to be seen.

Yamaha are reportedly unwilling to place Alex Rins directly into the factory team, instead wanting him to serve time in the Tech 3 satellite squad. Rins is unwilling to sign for a non-factory team, and consequently it looks like he is headed to the Repsol Honda team instead.

At the moment, the only certain move is that Lorenzo will be signing for Ducati, with an announcement expected in the run up to Jerez. That announcement will trigger a further round of intense speculation and horse trading between the rest of the riders on the grid.
Edited by bertusras

It's official. Lollipop on a Ducati. €25 million for two years.

That is very nearly half a billion rand.

That's still not enough. There's not enough money in the world that would get me to ride that evil monster. Let alone race.

Hayden

Rossi

Capirossi

Bayliss

How many World Champions has that thing ruined?

Edited by Duane_Bosch

He might have timed this move perfectly ... we'll see. VERY interesting, after saying over and over he will never leave Yamaha. Rossi played mind games, I'm sure they had an influence. If he can win on the Duc, he will surely rub Rossi's nose in it.

In some way Rossi has made it easier for JL to succeed on the Duc, after all the changes they made during and after he left.

Edited by Kraggie

Good luck to JLo on the Duke .... I think he can make it work .

How about him and Stoner as team mates in 2017 ........

Hahaha, talk about ruining him for good - team him up with the one guy that made riding a Ducati look like an advantage... :devil: