MotoGP

SeaBee

I am not sure that I agree. If he spades of time, either he is incompentant (top 10 bike racers in the world) or he did it intentionally (not sure why). Neither of which I think is true. Dunno, maybe your Truimph has better front end grip underbraking ;)

Also, if he thought he could have avoided it, I am pretty sure he would have been apologetic. AI isnt one of the knobby types in the paddock.

Look, these guys are the best at what they do, in the world, but on the limit mistakes happen, but these dudes never crash themselves out on purpose. Thats an F1 thing :D

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bertus, the words farting and thunder come to mind.....................

Ok, 2 questions:

1: what would you have done instead?

2: do you think he would have avoided it if he could have?

Edit: I am not fighting here, but it is super easy for us to sit here and criticize somebody who had milliseconds to make a call.

Edited by Patchelicious

Ok, 2 questions:

1: what would you have done instead?

2: do you think he would have avoided it if he could have?

Edit: I am not fighting here, but it is super easy for us to sit here and criticize somebody who had milliseconds to make a call.

If it was me I would've bided my time and passed at a later point where I could use my bikes strengths(power) instead of braking where everybody was struggling.

Honestly, the more I look at it the more I think it was a massive brain fart and it looks like he was braking as if for the original bend which it much later. I know he says the telemetry shows he braked as normal, and Pol confirmed this. But with all due respect to Pol he was a long way back from them, too much to know for sure. So I will believe this when I can see this "evidence".

Like Bertus said, he was never, ever going to make the corner even if he could've run it along the inside he was always going to lowside it anyway.

Yes he may have had miliseconds but he chose to jam the brakes harder and hope for the best, he had enough time to get off the brakes and go to the right. Vinales showed that on many occasions where he too was in a similar situation.

This is very similar to the VR/MM incident. In the sense that your opinion of the parties involved will determine, to a large extent, how you see the matter. You don't like JL, as stated many times and it is understandable that you would see it the way you do. That he is moaning, making a big thing about it, etc. The AD/DP incident may have been similar but they are not title contenders. I honestly think if it was Rossi being taken out your view may have been different?? 

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I agree 100% that the more I look at it the bigger the brain fart seems.

Honestly, the fact that it was JL being taken out hasnt effected opinion on this. The fact that I dont think AI did it on purpose did.

If it was Rossi that was taken out, I might be more upset, at the situation yes but not at AI, as I would still not believe that he crashed on purpose.

So to clarify maybe, mistake by AI, seems like it, although data shows differently, I have not seen tha data, but I have seen the video, so I must judge on that. But I stick to my guns on that if AI could have avoided it, I am pretty damn sure he would have rather finished the race than crashing, or Maybe he felt that he would do a JL/MM patriotic jobby and take the Spaniard out to help Rossi :whistling:

Lets seem maybe next race he moers into MM.

I agree 100% that the more I look at it the bigger the brain fart seems.

Honestly, the fact that it was JL being taken out hasnt effected opinion on this. The fact that I dont think AI did it on purpose did.

If it was Rossi that was taken out, I might be more upset, at the situation yes but not at AI, as I would still not believe that he crashed on purpose.

So to clarify maybe, mistake by AI, seems like it, although data shows differently, I have not seen tha data, but I have seen the video, so I must judge on that. But I stick to my guns on that if AI could have avoided it, I am pretty damn sure he would have rather finished the race than crashing, or Maybe he felt that he would do a JL/MM patriotic jobby and take the Spaniard out to help Rossi :whistling:

Lets seem maybe next race he moers into MM.

haha, you have a moerse spoon stirring a moerse pot

I'm not a JL fan of any kind, but AI was fully in the wrong. JL was aiming for hitting the apex of the bend and AI is nowhere near at a speed to consider tipping into the turn when he shunted JL off the bike.

Even when it's close and every racer is fighting for an inch, you're gonna get some errors which typically result in some 'rubbing', which is just part of racing. This was not a rub though and seeing as it's not the first time AI has done this, I can understand some extra chirp being sent his way!

More so when he can't even do the right thing and tell the 'wet blanket' Championship LEADER he's sorry for getting into the accident with him, however you want to apportion the blame!

I'm not a JL fan of any kind, but AI was fully in the wrong. JL was aiming for hitting the apex of the bend and AI is nowhere near at a speed to consider tipping into the turn when he shunted JL off the bike.

Even when it's close and every racer is fighting for an inch, you're gonna get some errors which typically result in some 'rubbing', which is just part of racing. This was not a rub though and seeing as it's not the first time AI has done this, I can understand some extra chirp being sent his way!

More so when he can't even do the right thing and tell the 'wet blanket' Championship LEADER he's sorry for getting into the accident with him, however you want to apportion the blame!

I agree, the bottom line is he would have never made the corner in any case, at the rate he was going, so that means he was in the wrong.

I go away for three hours and then suddenly everyone is speaking sense, what the hell happened? :P

Nobody said AI did it deliberately, he just made the wrong choice when he realised he's in the ****. Instead of flanking to the right, he decided to try and make the corner (which he never was). And took out Jorge, and then blamed Jorge, for his mistake. That is what gets me.

Imagine if AI collected Rossi, good grief the world would have called for his head on a spit, but because it's Lorenzo it's "okay". Doesn't make sense.

What happened happened, Rossi was unbeatable on Sunday, Jorge had some bad luck and the championship got closer. In the end we're all winners (except for Jorge).

Edit: Also this isn't like the DP/AD incident. DP had a wobble before the corner and lost control of the bike. Yes, he made a mistake and immediately realised it and apologised. AI instead tried to make an unstickable move stick, which was never going to work. One was an accident, one was a lapse in judgement. Both still wrong.

Edited by bertusras

For me the compelling piece of video is if you watch AI as he comes to the end of his slide and looks over towards JL, whilst still sitting on the deck, then looks back, shakes his head and THEN hits his own head, which is the universal sign of "Dumb@ss, look what you did?" when you give yourself a rev! Even he knows he made the mistake! Heck, the commentators even say he is running in hot! It's fairly obvious who is in the wrong! No telemetry required!

GP riders have the most inventful excuses, here's MM's as to why he struggled when he attacked Rossi in those closing laps. This was the feedback following the test held on Monday at Catalunya, seems like Honda is still grappling with the electronics:

Real progress was made with electronics, HRC finding a big improvement to help on corner exit, the area where the Honda struggles most. Márquez admitted he had had a problem during the race, and had been confused by the behavior of the electronics.

“Yesterday at the end of the race, I had a lot of problems with the system, I didn’t understand what was going on,” Márquez said. On Monday, they had identified the problem. “So about that point I was very happy, because yesterday I was a little bit worried, because I didn’t understand. And now we know why.”

:

There might not have been racing today, but there is news - Jorge Navarro broke his leg in a training crash on Saturday. Never good to hear these sort of things.

Edited by bertusras

There might not have been racing today, but there is news - Jorge Navarro broke his leg in a training crash on Saturday. Never good to hear these sort of things.

Ja. Sucks. Riding a Mini Moto FFS.

He's been Binder's most consistent challenger. He's likely to miss 2 rounds.