MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So first win for Ducati since 2010, read somewhere it something like 60months!!!

Maybe Casey can develop a bike after-all............ He would surely have had a hand in this win somehow.

It will be interesting to see what a top flight rider capable of consistently winning will do on it next year. Lorenzo must be happy about his decision now, although the Yamaha's were closer than anyone thought and a fit Marquez may have had the Honda right there or thereabouts too.

Surely Marquez has one hand on the title now. His to lose from here onwards in my opinion.

So first win for Ducati since 2010, read somewhere it something like 60months!!!

Maybe Casey can develop a bike after-all............ He would surely have had a hand in this win somehow.

It will be interesting to see what a top flight rider capable of consistently winning will do on it next year. Lorenzo must be happy about his decision now, although the Yamaha's were closer than anyone thought and a fit Marquez may have had the Honda right there or thereabouts too.

Surely Marquez has one hand on the title now. His to lose from here onwards in my opinion.

Maybe, but Ianonne DEFINATELY had a hand in it, and he deserves more credit.

Maybe, but Ianonne DEFINATELY had a hand in it, and he deserves more credit.

100% Agreed! Doesn't really matter who developed the bike, he managed to get it across the finish line first.

If it cant be Rossi then I am hope its MM. I do love the way he makes that bike slide like an offroad bike

Its been his to lose since he arrived in MotoGP to be honest! Been his own worst enemy.

He has always been the only guy who can beat himself. With him getting a bit more level headed, he is going to become legend. Unless he does a another self inflicted stupid move, like getting bored of wnning on a good bike and moving to a crappy one. eg: Rossi, Schumie...

The Ducati has been improving from wayyy before Stoner even got back with Ducati a couple of months ago. So I'm not sure how big an influence he had on this win. I would think it's more to do with the track layout suiting their bike better than the others than anything else. And the fact that they can put more wings on it than on a F1 car ... If they all had to go back to no wings, the Ducati would be nowhere, but Yam and Honda would still be at the sharp end I'm sure.

The Ducati has been improving from wayyy before Stoner even got back with Ducati a couple of months ago. So I'm not sure how big an influence he had on this win. I would think it's more to do with the track layout suiting their bike better than the others than anything else. And the fact that they can put more wings on it than on a F1 car ... If they all had to go back to no wings, the Ducati would be nowhere, but Yam and Honda would still be at the sharp end I'm sure.

Good point, Ducati was earmarked to win at this track. Point n squirty.

I will always see Stoner as being the "x" factor behind the win. Biased.

Funny how quickly everyong forgets how quickly they labelled Iannone as reckless, dangerous, etc. Now he is the hero.

He cost Dovi a win earlier this year if I remember correctly.

Still think it was a good decision from Ducati to keep Dovi over Iannone.

Funny how quickly everyong forgets how quickly they labelled Iannone as reckless, dangerous, etc. Now he is the hero.

He is the X factor, he could make an almost unridable machine work. Much like a certain Mr Doohan did.

Iannone took Dovi out on the final lap in Argentina, Gigi must have been kicking him around the motorhome afterwards.

But you're right, now he's won he's all of a sudden the hero.

Everyone knows that I'm a huge Stoner fan, but I don't think there is too much credit to be given to Casey on this win I'm afraid. He's definitely had a developmental hand in this success, but it all started with Gigi Dall'Igna taking over Ducati Corse and Audi investing a lot of money into making this a success.

Then there is also the layout of the Spielberg track, which from the first laps were turned showed Ducati to have a monstrous advantage. Looking at how the various bikes came over the crest at T3 shows the advantage Ducati have with their aero development - front wheel skimming the tarmac, constantly driving forward, whilst the rest of the bikes are cutting power to keep the nose down.

This win was a team effort, everyone has busted their balls to achieve this (Casey included, but let's face it, he's only been there from the start of this year, whereas the GP16 was already in development last year), but Iannone got the glory, and rightly so. He is hotheaded and somewhat irresponsible, and that's why Dovi got to stay on. Conversely, Dovi doesn't have that killer win-at-all-costs instinct. He could have won on Sunday, he had the pace, but I'm sure in the back of his mind he was thinking: "Ducati 1-2 (no matter the order), is much better than me throwing it into the airfence".

Erm, thats a huge assumption.

He won a race, his first, give him credit for that. Nobody is calling him a HERO yet, you made that part up all by yourself.

There's gotta be something in the Czech water, this happened two years ago in a test there:

Edit: It was the same last weekend in Austria, I was watching and the front had folded completely in the last corner, it was gone, but somehow he came round. He has some insane reflexes. 

Edited by bertusras