MotoGP

SeaBee

Awesome ride by Binder! So proud to the SA flag on the top of the podium. But what's with playing only half the SA Anthem? 

They never play the full anthems, imagine if Greece or Uruguay won a race?!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MM suffered from a bad case of the "red mist" at one stage. VR recognised the warning signs, and backed off. MM did not, and suffered the consequences. Luckily for him, it only cost him 9 points in the championship lead.

That Suz of Vinales got some serious speed, and he's got some talent. If Yamaha can put him on a competitive bike next year, I predict some exciting times ahead.

MM suffered from a bad case of the "red mist" at one stage. VR recognised the warning signs, and backed off. MM did not, and suffered the consequences. Luckily for him, it only cost him 9 points in the championship lead.

That Suz of Vinales got some serious speed, and he's got some talent. If Yamaha can put him on a competitive bike next year, I predict some exciting times ahead.

It only cost him 3 points in the champ lead ... Racing was awesome due to limited testing of the dry tires, they should take away all the practice sessions in the future!

Edited by Kraggie

Feeling less and less love for JL as each mixed conditions practise session or race goes by. Not that I've ever been a massive fan, but I reckon to be considered one of the greats a rider needs to show skills above and beyond slamming in lap times in ideal conditions when out front.

Feeling less and less love for JL as each mixed conditions practise session or race goes by. Not that I've ever been a massive fan, but I reckon to be considered one of the greats a rider needs to show skills above and beyond slamming in lap times in ideal conditions when out front.

If Rossi was exasperated, Jorge Lorenzo was positively fuming. By the time we got to talk to the Spaniard, he had resumed his normal, cagey self. Eighth place, nearly twenty seconds behind Viñales was not acceptable, but it had all been down to gamble.

Lorenzo wanted help with the bike over the bumps at Silverstone, and a more stable bike. So he and his crew decided to take a risk and a setup they had not tried this year, but had worked in years past.

That was with the Bridgestones, however, and they are a very different kettle of fish. With the Michelins, the bumps were just as bumpy and the bike was still moving, and they had sacrificed in other areas as well. Lorenzo struggled.

Can't see him having forgotten how to ride. I reckon he has abandoned this year and is looking towards next year.

he also said he did a drastic setup change after warm-up which didn't work. maybe an excuse but I think next year he will be back.

Can't see him having forgotten how to ride. I reckon he has abandoned this year and is looking towards next year.

he also said he did a drastic setup change after warm-up which didn't work. maybe an excuse but I think next year he will be back.

Yes and yes, but not just talking about Silverstone. Have a look at his results this year in mixed conditions. Terrible.

Yes and yes, but not just talking about Silverstone. Have a look at his results this year in mixed conditions. Terrible.

And yet he leads Dani Pedrosa by 26 points in the championship, why is Dani not getting flak for struggling with the tyres?

I've always figured Dani to be a solid wingman, but never one of the greats to be. He has however gone on record to say that when it came to pre-season chassis selection the team went with the one that favoured MM and have since developed it further and further away from his liking.

How much truth there is in that I do not know.

I've always figured Dani to be a solid wingman, but never one of the greats to be. He has however gone on record to say that when it came to pre-season chassis selection the team went with the one that favoured MM and have since developed it further and further away from his liking.

How much truth there is in that I do not know.

quite a bit, I reckon. DP has always struck me as one of those riders that would not say something unless it had serious merit behind it. 

Bradley you Biscuit!!!

snip snip snip.... South African now an almost-unbelievable 106 points clear at the top of the standings – meaning the title is within reach at MotorLand Aragon.

Read some where he just needs to finish one place behind Bastianini.

DP's problem is the new Michelins he cant get them to work

His weight is working against him.

This thread seems to have a bit of an omen about it, every time some post here that a certain rider is battling with something, they go out and win that weekend.

Great ride by DP, think I even saw him smile a bit.