MotoGP

SeaBee

I think the important thing about the Canet incident is that several corners earlier Yurchenko had blocked Canet's line or something, and Canet essentially (allegedly) wanted to show Yurchenko who's boss by forcing him wide, and then skittled them both off the track. He should have had a far greater punishment for that, but the precedent was set in Sepang 2015...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least MotoGP gets the blood flowing ....(and emotions )

If it wasn't for a mechanic getting flattened by his own driver , no-one would have even known there was an F1 race over the weekend ....

At least MotoGP gets the blood flowing ....(and emotions )

If it wasn't for a mechanic getting flattened by his own driver , no-one would have even known there was an F1 race over the weekend ....

Hardly correct, resurgent TR, Vettel holding off a charging Bottas, etc. The F1 was just as epic but for pure racing. None of this handbag swinging nonsense!!!

Very similar incident between Max Verstappen and Sebastian Vettel in yesterdays F1 to the Marquez/Rossi Argentina incident.

What stands out to me though is the responses to both incidents.

Vettel with very mature and measured interviews, while Max accepted all responsibility.

Whereas Marc accepts no responsibility when he was mostly as fault, regardless of wet patches and track conditions. Rossi's ridiculous interview statements very different to Vettel's responses too.

Same situation too of a much faster rider approaching a slower driver, was like de ja vu.......

Also note this is not the first Vettel/Verstappen incident and Verstappen is building quite the Marques like reputation in F1.

Curious to hear others opinions...........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

..But the first thing Marquez did after the race was to walk to Rossi's pit to apologise. Wasn't that accepting responsibility? Or have a missed an interview or something he has said since then denying responsibility? 

Very similar incident between Max Verstappen and Sebastian Vettel in yesterdays F1 to the Marquez/Rossi Argentina incident.

What stands out to me though is the responses to both incidents.

Vettel with very mature and measured interviews, while Max accepted all responsibility.

Whereas Marc accepts no responsibility when he was mostly as fault, regardless of wet patches and track conditions. Rossi's ridiculous interview statements very different to Vettel's responses too.

Same situation too of a much faster rider approaching a slower driver, was like de ja vu.......

Also note this is not the first Vettel/Verstappen incident and Verstappen is building quite the Marques like reputation in F1.

Curious to hear others opinions...........

Not 100% in agreement with this. The actual on track incident was very similar. Where the picture changes dramatically is when you consider their history.

Edited by Patchelicious

..But the first thing Marquez did after the race was to walk to Rossi's pit to apologise. Wasn't that accepting responsibility? Or have a missed an interview or something he has said since then denying responsibility? 

He did that because he knew he was in the dwang.

Bit of a face saving exercise, nothing more. And what did he expect to happen at the Rossi pit, a warm, jovial welcome !? I think not.....

Bit of a face saving exercise, nothing more. And what did he expect to happen at the Rossi pit, a warm, jovial welcome !? I think not.....

Did he apologise to the 3 other riders he bumped into in the same race?

Did he apologise to the 3 other riders he bumped into in the same race?

I doubt.

If he did, it was not shown whether he was received with open arms, or sent packing like at the Rossi pit.

I doubt.

If he did, it was not shown whether he was received with open arms, or sent packing like at the Rossi pit.

Sent packing by Rossi's mini-me mate? Does that even count?

And how do you know why Marquez went there? Perhaps it was damage limitation but you can't assume that. Give credit where it's due. And again, to suggest he was expecting a warm welcome is just sidelining the issue. 

He went to apologise. Fact. That is an admission of guilt and acceptance of responsibility. And an answer to Steven Knoetze's point.

And how do you know why Marquez went there? Perhaps it was damage limitation but you can't assume that. Give credit where it's due. And again, to suggest he was expecting a warm welcome is just sidelining the issue. 

He went to apologise. Fact. That is an admission of guilt and acceptance of responsibility. And an answer to Steven Knoetze's point.

You have your opinion, I have mine. "Never the twain shall meet"

You ask how can we be sure why he went here, then go on to state as fact that you know why he went there.....

He should have gone to apologize, he rode like a twat! He is not the victim here. And you can’t just ride how you want and then just ask for forgiveness and think it’s going to be ok, this is MotoGP, not Church!

"It’s a joke. First of all he don’t have the balls to come in my office alone, but he come like always with his manager, with Honda, in front of all the cameras because what is important for him is this. He don’t care about you," said Rossi.

https://youtu.be/Dm9933w0b9g?t=3m5s

From 3:05 onwards.

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.

https://youtu.be/Dm9933w0b9g?t=3m5s

From 3:05 onwards.

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, then I don't know what is.

You have your opinion, I have mine. "Never the twain shall meet"

You obviously favor MM, as I do VR. 

But even as MM supporter, you must agree that he behaved like a twat on the bike. He was involved not in one, but four incidents of the same nature, in one race meeting.His position as current World Champ actualy makes his behavior less acceptable. Even Kevin Schwantz said it. https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/04/13/motogp/schwantz-marquez-you-cant-knock-someone-down.html

If it was VR instead of MM, you probably would have been baying for his blood from the highest buildings.

OK, that's it, no more from me on this subject. We are just "arguing" in circles.

Edited by Wannabe

But even as MM supporter, you must agree that he behaved like a twat on the bike.

Yes, I do.

I am beyond words. What the hell is going on today.

Jis he needs a proper klap against the kop, what in the hell was he thinking!!

Yeah, as much of a fan as I am, that was totally irresponsible right from the start of the race. He needs to learn.

Doesn't change the fact that Rossi lambasted MM for apologizing for show alone, when he did exactly the same thing a few years ago.