MotoGP

SeaBee

What happened with the SBK races this weekend?

All of a sudden Van der Mark wins both races handsomely.

Did something change with regards to rules, or did that track just fit VDM/Yamaha?

Did not watch the races, only saw the results. 

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched both races. VdM just finally got things to work for him I think. Sykes really struggled at a track he usually dominates, and JR was there, but VdM just had something extra. Big rumours that Sykes and VdM were to swap seats - wonder if that's still on the cards...

How insane was this incident from the Moto 3 race???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56usBqctIcA

:eek: Some mx skills in the mix there!

Some good fortune as well, if he hit the downed bike anywhere else it might have had a very different outcome!

First time I have seen this, I missed the Moto 3 race, and never caught up with it on VideoPass.

I wonder too, that if the bike had landed on tar or hard runoff, the rear suspension would have spat him off. Definite skills, but also much luck.

I watched both races. VdM just finally got things to work for him I think. Sykes really struggled at a track he usually dominates, and JR was there, but VdM just had something extra. Big rumours that Sykes and VdM were to swap seats - wonder if that's still on the cards...

Dukes also struggled big time. Lots of commentator chatter about fixed gearbox ratios being a problem. I know Rea also complained about not being able to have the right gearing.

I do think the Yammie has been there or thereabouts all along. Just the riders that need to get themselves sorted.

Dukes also struggled big time. Lots of commentator chatter about fixed gearbox ratios being a problem. I know Rea also complained about not being able to have the right gearing.

Yeah I also heard something about it now that you mentioned it. The guys had to set the bikes up for the first flowy part of the track, or the last tight part of the track. Can imagine that gearbox ratios proved difficult considering the nature of Donington Park.

In other news I see a lot of chatter saying Suzuki is basically done with a deal to sign Mir to the factory seat alongside Rins.

Duscati boss has basically said he doesn't want to keep Lorenzo

Iannone linked to the factory Aprilia alongside Aleix

Looking more and more like Lorenzo may be without a ride or on something like a Marc VDS satelite bike, they now seem to be swaying back towards Yamaha as opposed to the reported deal with Suzuki........

Interesting times.........

Yep, silly season isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.

This year seems to be insanity season, that or a lot of these riders are bringing some serious sponsorship money to get their rides.......

I am baffled by Ducati though. From what I understand, they are looking to replace Lorenzo with Petrucci or Miller, mostly because they are "cheaper". That makes no sense to me at all.

Neither of those two guys are more talented than Jorge, and if it's a money thing, I firmly believe that Jorge will take a salary of €0.00 if it gives him a shot at winning another title. However, the bike isn't working as he wants it to (which I think everyone was expecting, so many have tried, and so many have failed). In my mind Ducati needs to take either an upcoming rookie (but most of the top talent is now tied up), or persevere with Lorenzo at a much lower salary.

Lorenzo knows he won't be able to win a title on a satellite Yamaha, but he would definitely be fast on it. Heck, perhaps he joins JR65 at KRT next season. 

It would be really disappointing if Lorenzo goes out of the championship like this. Dorna stepped in to bring Rossi back from his Ducati-doldrums, perhaps there is some cream left to tempt Lorenzo with.

It really is quite curious.

Edited by bertusras

I am baffled by Ducati though. From what I understand, they are looking to replace Lorenzo with Petrucci or Miller, mostly because they are "cheaper". That makes no sense to me at all.

Neither of those two guys are more talented than Jorge, and if it's a money thing, I firmly believe that Jorge will take a salary of €0.00 if it gives him a shot at winning another title. However, the bike isn't working as he wants it to (which I think everyone was expecting, so many have tried, and so many have failed). In my mind Ducati needs to take either an upcoming rookie (but most of the top talent is now tied up), or persevere with Lorenzo at a much lower salary.

Lorenzo knows he won't be able to win a title on a satellite Yamaha, but he would definitely be fast on it. Heck, perhaps he joins JR65 at KRT next season. 

It would be really disappointing if Lorenzo goes out of the championship like this. Dorna stepped in to bring Rossi back from his Ducati-doldrums, perhaps there is some cream left to tempt Lorenzo with.

Read today DORNA is keen to keep Lorenzo in MotoGP.

I hear what you say but Petrucci's performance so far warrants more factory support.

I agree with Lorenzo staying in MotoGP.

Interesting you mentioning JR65, he is linked to a couple of factory rides. Maybe Pedrosa is leaving afterall. Still think JR doesn't have what it takes to cut it in MotoGP.

The Kawasaki is a dominant bike for the last 4 years, yes he can obviously ride but I think he has only really had to beat his inconsistent teammate.......

I hear what you say but Petrucci's performance so far warrants more factory support.

I agree with Lorenzo staying in MotoGP.

Interesting you mentioning JR65, he is linked to a couple of factory rides. Maybe Pedrosa is leaving afterall. Still think JR doesn't have what it takes to cut it in MotoGP.

The Kawasaki is a dominant bike for the last 4 years, yes he can obviously ride but I think he has only really had to beat his inconsistent teammate.......

Iannone confirms he wont be on a Suzuki next year, Mir says no deal done for him with Suzuki and now Lorenzo linked with a ride in WSBK with KRT. Ties in with Rea saying he has offers for factory MotoGP rides........

Insanity season getting crazy!!!!