MotoGP

SeaBee

SOME, and you should ignore those people, they are in the minority.

He is both the most talented and douchiest guy in MotoGP. Double header.

We agree on something :w00t:

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I think J Lo is the douchiest. 

Marques is without a doubt the most talented guy in the lineup at the moment. FREAKISHLY talented. 

To be honest, though, I don't think VR is very far behind, if at all. If Yamma sort out their issues and give the guy what he wants, I think we may see a right royal battle on our hands. 

But MM's lean angles.... JOH/. 

Good point, but I keep forgetting about the Blankie.

My all time hero. I bought an RG500 in 1985 because of him. Met him at a few races too, a lovely geezer.

At the time of his death I owned a Ducati 996R. I took it to the top of a local hill and revved the nuts off it as a tribute. I couldn't ride for a while as my eyes were full of water...

I saw a video of him at Qatar in FP, just holding it pinned over the kerbs while the bike tried to spit him off every which way.

Can you believe there are people who still say it's not him but the Honda that just superior!!!!!!

Madness!!!!

Bruh, it's the electronics  :rolleyes:

Are you saying that the Honda electronics are NOT superior to the Yamaha’s?

Loaded question this.

Even Yamaha has acceded this is the case.

VR is special, but MM is "specialer" (ala Toyota tv add.)

Loaded question this.

Even Yamaha has acceded this is the case.

VR is special, but MM is "specialer" (ala Toyota tv add.)

It was a loaded statement. 

I dont disagree that MM is faster than VR. But that is a rider thing.

Im talking bikes. I specifically asked Bertie if he thinks that the MotoGP HRC Hondas electronics are better than the Yammies?

Im talking bikes. I specifically asked Bertie if he thinks that the MotoGP HRC Hondas electronics are better than the Yammies?

That's where you're wrong in your assumption. I implied that the majority of armchair experts on various news sites and forums claim the only reason that MM93 is able to do these things is because of electronics, and that he would have launched himself into orbit should he have ridden a two-stroke. i.e. the electronics make it so easy to ride the bikes, that said armchair experts would be able to do the same things.

Also, --->  :rolleyes:  <---

Me thinks they are, only that Valé and Maverick are riding around it.

Same as with SBK,  even though they have "control" electronics now. 

But let's wait and see what Bertie says. 

Ooh Bertie, I'm of the conviction that MM would see his arse without a mirror, if he tried riding those 'strokers without electronic aid like Doohan, Swantz, Rainey, Rossi, etc did.

When asked if he'd rather ride with or without traction control MM replied:

“I’m used to riding with traction control, so it’s normal for me. But I would like it.”

So I think he'd be ok...

Apologies, I think that's a quote from an old Cycle World article. I do remember a group interview where the top (10) riders were asked whether they'd ride a bike without traction control and he (MM) was the only one to say "Yeah why not".

He's the greatest talent since Rossi. And he'll be greater. Another wonderful thing about MM is that he enjoys himself.

As much as I loved Stoner's Doohanesque way of applying himself it felt somewhat joyless at times. Disclaimer: I am a huge Stoner fan. (Making an unrideable Ducati work helped).

Marc has an enormous amount of sometimes childlike enthusiasm for his profession which is something I really do enjoy. And, he also has the inbuilt will to win at all costs.

That's where you're wrong in your assumption. I implied that the majority of armchair experts on various news sites and forums claim the only reason that MM93 is able to do these things is because of electronics, and that he would have launched himself into orbit should he have ridden a two-stroke. i.e. the electronics make it so easy to ride the bikes, that said armchair experts would be able to do the same things.

Also, ---> :rolleyes: <---

Please point to my assumption? I reread my posts and they look distinctly like direct questions. I asked them as questions to avoid the assumptions.

Please point to my assumption? I reread my posts and they look distinctly like direct questions. I asked them as questions to avoid the assumptions.

In that case

Are you saying that the Honda electronics are NOT superior to the Yamaha’s?

No. That is not what I am saying.

Edited by bertusras

In that case

No. That is not what I am saying.

Cool.

I ask because there has been some discussions around the Honda’s tampering with the electronics. Not much evidence to support it, just rumour.