MotoGP

SeaBee

Yoh, late to the party here but lets not forget that they have have the SAME electronics.

The difference is how they utilize it.

The spec electronics is based on Ducati's Magnetti Marelli system so they obviously were on it from the start, although you wouldn't say so looking at their early results.

Honda chose to employ a MM guru who got them flying basically right away.

Yamaha, in their infinite wisdom (or stupidity depending on where you stand) chose to keep it in house which has lead to their dismal results.

Also remember the rules change again next year as "some" teams, and they won't say who, have figured out a way to use the secondary ECU to load more cleverer (hilux ad) maps and settings.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh, late to the party here but lets not forget that they have have the SAME electronics.

The difference is how they utilize it.

The spec electronics is based on Ducati's Magnetti Marelli system so they obviously were on it from the start, although you wouldn't say so looking at their early results.

Honda chose to employ a MM guru who got them flying basically right away.

Yamaha, in their infinite wisdom (or stupidity depending on where you stand) chose to keep it in house which has lead to their dismal results.

Also remember the rules change again next year as "some" teams, and they won't say who, have figured out a way to use the secondary ECU to load more cleverer (hilux ad) maps and settings.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/motogp/motogp-s-next-electronics-ban

• 3 weeks later...

Jorge...

Give him his due‘s contributed to an exciting race

What’s going on either the yammies i wonder they seem to be sucking the hind ***

Didnt get to watch, but from your post, I can assume that Jorge must have done well and Yamaha not?

This feels like the start of a wonderful bromance

Also did not watch it (yet, on PVR). Will be rectified tonite, though.

Sounds like the factory Yammie's woes continues, as they are struggling with acceleration out of the corners. Things are so bad, that VR and MV both got official apologies from Team Management.

Have not watched yet, what are the Yamaha's going to do? If you cant pull a rabbit out the hat, you might as well pull a hair out your arse. (As Russel woods used to say) 

Ok not MotoGP related, well kind of is. Cam Petersen had a MM type save in Moto America. Caused his foot to get caught between chain and swing arm. No crash, but will require operation.

post-2083-0-21950900-1534151700_thumb.jpeg