MotoGP

SeaBee

Still playing the victim:

“We feel very good with the tyres and with the bike, we arrived more at the limit and we arrived better. I did a lot of dirt work more than him [Jorge Lorenzo], more laps and everything, he concentrated more on the performance, but anyway his lap time is impressive for everybody,” Rossi said.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“We feel very good with the tyres and with the bike, we arrived more at the limit and we arrived better. I did a lot of dirt work more than him [Jorge Lorenzo], more laps and everything, he concentrated more on the performance, but anyway his lap time is impressive for everybody,” Rossi said.

Dont be bitter because CS27, is slower than him...:P

I fail to see how that is playing the victim, SK.

He infers, or implies, that he was left to test parts, settings, etc while JL was left to set fast times. Is he trying to say he wasn't allowed to try for fastest time. Trying to minimize the psychological win that this represents for the reigning world champion.

I think finishing ahead of CS for Rossi would have been a minimum requirement, possibly to show his ambition is still in sync with his talent.......

@KingTJ, yes Stoner may have finished 4th, is that supposed to be a jibe??? You say it like it isn't an impressive achievement. Nobody is that naive surely.......

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

VR said this yesterday

Rossi also conceded teammate Jorge Lorenzo appears the man to beat once more, after emerging as the quickest rider using the harder tyre.

"Jorge is very, very fast," Rossi said. "I think also today he's faster with the harder tyre because I think Petrucci, Marquez and also Barbera used the soft.

"It means that Crutchlow is second fastest with the harder tyre and he's seven tenths slower than Jorge.

"He's riding very well. He has a good feeling with the front tyre."

He infers, or implies, that he was left to test parts, settings, etc while JL was left to set fast times. Is he trying to say he wasn't allowed to try for fastest time. Trying to minimize the psychological win that this represents for the reigning world champion.

I think finishing ahead of CS for Rossi would have been a minimum requirement, possibly to show his ambition is still in sync with his talent.......

@KingTJ, yes Stoner may have finished 4th, is that supposed to be a jibe??? You say it like it isn't an impressive achievement. Nobody is that naive surely.......

Relax my friend, just trying to get under your collar a bit...doing a Rossi.. Edited by KingTJ

No, I think that's just you reading too much into what he's saying. Testing parts and settings is just as important, if not more so, than setting fastest times. Remember, they need to find out what works and what doesn't. It isn't called "Testing" for nothing. Rossi is extremely finickity about that sort of thing, after all. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

No, I think that's just you reading too much into what he's saying. Testing parts and settings is just as important, if not more so, than setting fastest times. Remember, they need to find out what works and what doesn't. It isn't called "Testing" for nothing. Rossi is extremely finickity about that sort of thing, after all.

I hear you, still sounds to me like he is moaning a bit about his decision not to set a fast time like JL did. Yes that is coming from my slightly biased point of view though.

I am also pretty sure during his fast runs Lorenzo was still testing and setting not purwly out for fastest times, he just seems to gel well with the new spec ECU and tyres. That being said there is not much in it from 2nd downwards. If ut was qualifying though there would be a fair amount of certainty in predicting the winner of the race.

But its not racing.......

Let's also all remember that English is not their first language and the translator not always English first either. So reading into their statements is a hit and miss.

JL will no doubt be the man to beat. When he's healthy and confident he's the fastest on the planet.

What this means is Rossi had to test more settings and make more changes in order to match JL's pace. JL was fast from the 1st time he went out in this test, thus did not have to test that much as Rossi. I bet JL was himself surprised with his own pace being so much faster than the rest. Rossi being Rossi will make sure he mentions it though just to stir a bit.

The Hondas as looking crap, its gonna be a long year for the Team i support ... Hope im wrong but dont think so.

Edited by Kraggie

Stoner seems to have one mission,make that Duc a Yamaha and Honda eater ... Interesting to see what happens. When he was at Ducati few years back he was blamed for taking the bike into a direction where only he could ride it. Now he is actually part of the testing team, interested to see how that develops. Perhaps it was just that Ducati never listened to the changes he wanted to make in the first place.