MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a R1 cross plane motor. Good for about 200HP, (147kw) Bonkers

He says it's an 05' Yamaha R1 engine 180hp on a 99,7kg Beisse Shifter Kart! guys a bit brave overtaking cars at 130+ mph in a residential area !!

So Petrucci fastest again. So the Ducati in GP15 form is looking good.

That being said, today was very mixed conditions so times dont really mean much. JL never even put in a dry laptime. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

For those confused I am talking about MotoGP..........

Ian Lougher confirmed as one of the Suter riders!!! But talk about a puke worthy paint scheme.

http://www.crash.net/road-racing/news/227688/1/ian-lougher-is-suters-500cc-tt-warhorse.html

Vinales fastest with MM second at the end of the PI test. This followed by JL who says the bike is virtually unrideable and needs too much physical effort, then VR who says he had a brilliant day. Go figure. All 4 within 0.280secs of each other.

I tend to agree, an old retired racer does not do the bike justice but at least he knows the track.

Would have preferred McPint or imagine Gut Martin on that beast!!!!

So it seems this test in PI is really worth very little. MM 2nd fastest but also admits that PI is a track that is not great for testing and masks problems to its non-technical nature.

This brings to question Vinales's performance. He was comfortably fastest for the final 2 days, and not one lap wonders either. He put in consistently fast times on a bike that is still only with a gearbox that is only seamless going up. When it works coming down that will sort out the corner entry issues which seems to be a Michelin trait.

So it's left more questions than answers really.

And with that MM goes fastest..........

Damn, Petrucci red flag crash now confirmed with a wrist fracture. Suppose all that form means nothing if you aren't fit.

Now Redding may actually be able to back up his bragging of beating his teammate easily.......

Plenty of crashes all around.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I see Turn 4 has been a culprit, must be folding it on the brakes probably, your approach is stupidly fast into there.

The thing about PI (and why Vinales is fast), is it's not a horsepower track, it's all about hooking up corners and carrying speed. Whowever has the biggest balls (Stoner) will go the fastest there. 

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt about it now, the Suzuki and Vinales are seriously fast and he may be a big favtor this season.

In other news the penalty system has been all but taken away so expect the 2 maun protaganists shenanigans to continue unabated.

WTF were Dorna thinking?????

Dave Emmett calls the petulant toddlers, quite accurately descrides their behaviour really.......

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/oped/motogp-penalty-point-rule-change-opinion/

He holds no punches i will tell you, and rightfully so.

I quite liked his comment of the lunatics running the asylum, the "stars" of the show hold too much power.