[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

and say what as the warning, "Ladies and Gentlemen, unless you are not sure yet, please take note that this is a mountain bike race, there are rocks, some single track and you may at some point have to k@k bricks, have a great ride"

Forewarned is forearmed - like I said its the first time a lot of the punters are faced with this type of route, so why not make sure they know what they are in for, might mean less injuries and bad karma. I heard there was a punctured lung btw.

I love VG, am a regular there for pleasure rides and at their events (except when its muddy). Certainly the last to want any route dumbed down. But lets get over this HTFU attitude please. Go do the Epic or something if you really want to prove yourself. Most here are fun riders.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forewarned is forearmed - like I said its the first time a lot of the punters are faced with this type of route, so why not make sure they know what they are in for, might mean less injuries and bad karma. I heard there was a punctured lung btw.

I love VG, am a regular there for pleasure rides and at their events (except when its muddy). Certainly the last to want any route dumbed down. But lets get over this HTFU attitude please. Go do the Epic or something if you really want to prove yourself. Most here are fun riders.

Why must I go and do the Epic to prove whatever ? I suggest people start with Babaas and once they got that one sorted move on to 94.7mtb etc , etc . I think most of us are also fun riders and riding around the farms in Benoni is not fun for us !!!

....But lets get over this HTFU attitude please.

what did I do?

Agree - HTFU is something you should tell yourself, not everyone else.

For a change, I went out slow, did not push myself, enjoyed riding my bike, and pushing it, and falling....

At the end, had a tough, but fantastic time. I will never be a medal contender so I don't act like one.

I finished dirty, aching, tired, but with a smile and a sense of accomplishment. I did not cry because I didn't beat my mates, or didn't get any KOM's, or that it was too tough.

I participate, not compete.

Definately was one of the Toughest races i have done, Really enjoyed the first 55km then the combination of Jou Blixem and the heat definately got the better of me!

To The Guy With the nedbank shirt on that i gave my multi tool to to fix your chain with, please pm me your details so i can organise to get it back! i was the guy with the Tommy MArtin Kit on!

Why must I go and do the Epic to prove whatever ? I suggest people start with Babaas and once they got that one sorted move on to 94.7mtb etc , etc . I think most of us are also fun riders and riding around the farms in Benoni is not fun for us !!!

Hey, don't pick on Benoni! :cursing:

Seems like most of the complaints are from the marathon distance riders.

These guys should well know what to expect.

However, if the event was way too technical for the 40 km. riders then the organizers would have to re-look it a bit and understand that they are catering for the recreational end of the sport.

Monday morning handbags - the warriors should convert their anger into speed on their bikes.

I think warrior Sean has done that already.

:oops: Sorry , meant to say Danville .

Hehehehehehe! Pulling your socks. Benoni is as hilly as a snooker table, but there is some cool stuff in the dumps.

OK, here is my take.

And again it's my popularity seeking post of the day.

(Hopefully it will garner me many friends)

I am GATVOL of...

So true dude.

The following super true, very entertaining titbit appeared in a column in the August issue of the Full Sus Magazine (http://issuu.com/ful.../docs/fsaug2013).

Man o man, Mr Bristow hits the nail on the head. It's longish but really worth the read.

post-36036-0-86175800-1379317905_thumb.jpg

Loved this race as always, love VG...proper MTB trails close to JHB that's why I try my best to get out there at least twice a month and spend the whole day riding. My first ride there back in 2009 was hectic but things got better and if I couldn't make it on a techie bit I turned around went back and tried it again.

I do hope that in the future Advendurance will not "scale-down" the 70km route to suit newbies. My opinion is that a newbie should not be on this route, I do wish people will not only focus on their fitness but also their tech riding skills.

I thought the batching worked well and there was no congestion and hats off to Erik, his team and the Advendurance team for providing us with such a wonderful event. I'm not the fittest at the moment so paced myself and enjoyed the ride knowing what was ahead and managed 04h06m but I did ride the entire route except the steep incline off the steel bridge where the ladies were washing the laundry.

I will be back there on Saturday for RacetheRhino and I can't wait.