[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remind me on which site we could see the profile with the water points. The official site shows the profile and Endomondo route but not the water points ....

Please remind me on which site we could see the profile with the water points. The official site shows the profile and Endomondo route but not the water points ....

Hi Joeboy69

u gonna suffer, then suffer some more! on the 70Km (64Km actual), u ride flat for about 8 km, then u hit the concrete climb, followed by the long climb to satellite station, the decent off there takes longer than the climb as u and 200 other ppl will walking this part(think its been taken out), u ride for 20km then you climb to Greek church and finish about 4 to 5 hours later.......fun.

total climb about 1400m

Hi Joeboy69

u gonna suffer, then suffer some more! on the 70Km (64Km actual), u ride flat for about 8 km, then u hit the concrete climb, followed by the long climb to satellite station, the decent off there takes longer than the climb as u and 200 other ppl will walking this part(think its been taken out), u ride for 20km then you climb to Greek church and finish about 4 to 5 hours later.......fun.

total climb about 1400m

the accent seems easy its the terrain thats the killer that and the heat

Hi Joeboy69

total climb about 1400m

Luckily I'm doing the 1/2 but seems even that has an interesting challenge or two! If I survive I will do the 70 as part of a dare next year ...

Luckily I'm doing the 1/2 but seems even that has an interesting challenge or two! If I survive I will do the 70 as part of a dare next year ...

The 70Km VG was my very first race will never forget it! got auto entry into HTFU society.

Anyone know what distances the water points are on the 70km? I know the last one is at 48km. I can carry 1.5 bottles so should be ok to not use the camelbak if the first point is before the hill going to the satellite direction

the accent seems easy its the terrain thats the killer that and the heat

Presies, the tough climbs aren't on district roads, trying going up 16-17% gradient on marbles...its loose so you are constantly battling the terrain, balancing, cadence and purchase.

Anyone know what distances the water points are on the 70km? I know the last one is at 48km. I can carry 1.5 bottles so should be ok to not use the camelbak if the first point is before the hill going to the satellite direction

bwahahaha like you would ever wear one you snake you

If I remember correctly from last year its at the t-junction after daggapad...we normally go left, in the race you go right to the sattlite

Edited by rouxtjie

The 70Km VG was my very first race will never forget it! got auto entry into HTFU society.

Yea, 3 years ago its was so hot, I saw okes passed out on the riverbank coming home, it was like nam.

From flat29er's post I can see the first one is when you come off the district road onto that little steep loose thingie before the slabs....second waterpoint is at the t-junction after daggapad, the race will turn left there....no 3 is after the sattelite descent and no 4 is straight after mini oom piets where you will turn left onto the district to go around the bend to the church turnoff

I freakin know that place

bwahahaha like you would ever wear one you snake you

If I remember correctly from last year its at the t-junction after daggapad...we normally go left, in the race you go right to the sattlite

What i only stopped wearing one the other day. This will be my 3rd race "naked". First race I felt like i was missing a seatbelt in the beginning. Have to say it has saved my butt a few times when it gets really hot like that last hot VG race. Guys were dying all over the place. I should have sold some of my water

What i only stopped wearing one the other day. This will be my 3rd race "naked". First race I felt like i was missing a seatbelt in the beginning. Have to say it has saved my butt a few times when it gets really hot like that last hot VG race. Guys were dying all over the place. I should have sold some of my water

That day, I saw my uncle freek on the trails, problem is he has been dead for 15 years already